MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimWatch starts NokiaSuite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
we have here a very strange behaviour: Every time I want to start MinimWatch, the NokiaSuite will be started instead!That's no joke! I tried that on two different computers (PCs) and both the same behaviour. When the NokiaSuite is deinstalled, all works perfect. Could you help me or explain me what is the problem?

Both computers where with Windows 7 (one 32bit and one 64bit, so that makes obviously no difference).
(17-04-2014 19:03)bobdarwin Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
we have here a very strange behaviour: Every time I want to start MinimWatch, the NokiaSuite will be started instead!That's no joke! I tried that on two different computers (PCs) and both the same behaviour. When the NokiaSuite is deinstalled, all works perfect. Could you help me or explain me what is the problem?

Both computers where with Windows 7 (one 32bit and one 64bit, so that makes obviously no difference).

This came up a few months ago. I believe the Nokia Suite has a bug that associates the .jar extension to itself. This extension is normally associated to the Java executable. The MinimWatch desktop shortcut relies on this association to launch the mwatch.jar executable.

The simplest workaround for this Nokia bug is to modify the MinimWatch shortcut to change the Target: value. If you have 32-bit Windows, you can change this value from:

"C:\Program Files\MinimWatch\lib\mwatch.jar"

to:

C:\Windows\system32\javaw.exe -jar "C:\Program Files\MinimWatch\lib\mwatch.jar"
Thank you very much! That was the solution.
Reference URL's