MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Best control point for Linn DS (iOS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

I am looking for the best iOS control point for my setup (MinimServer + Linn DS).

What CP do you you in your setup? Currently I use Kinsky (least worse, IMO). I have tried PlugPlayer (not bad, but library panel is too narrow), Konduktor (very slow with large library), Songbook on Mac (too complicated), Lumin (not bad, but it repeatedly had problems when switching view option in the library).

I have not tried Songbook for iOS (no demo version) and new Linn CP (Kazoo).

Any recommendations?
(16-04-2014 18:16)AdamWysokinski Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

I am looking for the best iOS control point for my setup (MinimServer + Linn DS).

What CP do you you in your setup? Currently I use Kinsky (least worse, IMO). I have tried PlugPlayer (not bad, but library panel is too narrow), Konduktor (very slow with large library), Songbook on Mac (too complicated), Lumin (not bad, but it repeatedly had problems when switching view option in the library).

I have not tried Songbook for iOS (no demo version) and new Linn CP (Kazoo).

Any recommendations?

I haven't found anything for iOS that's better than Kinsky.

Songbook Lite comes close, but I can't cope with the large letters that pop up when scrolling through a list of items.
for great looks, good funtionality, superb search and filter funktions and much more nothing beats LUMIN imho.

dont bother with Kazoo. its early beta and does not look too promising in its current state of affair.

bbrip
Unfortunately, Lumin search/filter does not work for me Sad
Does anyone with Songbook Lite for iPad could take some screenshots of the program (especially of the library view)?

(Taking screenshots with iPad is easy: http://www.simplehelp.net/2010/04/03/how...your-ipad/)
(16-04-2014 18:28)AdamWysokinski Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, Lumin search/filter does not work for me Sad

why not? what error msg do you get ?
No error here. It shows some tracks/albums, but the result does not make any sense and does not correspond with searched/filtered phrase.
(16-04-2014 18:41)AdamWysokinski Wrote: [ -> ]No error here. It shows some tracks/albums, but the result does not make any sense and does not correspond with searched/filtered phrase.

??? Are you sure its not related to any typos in tagging or similar. It works absolutely flawless here.
(16-04-2014 18:35)AdamWysokinski Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone with Songbook Lite for iPad could take some screenshots of the program (especially of the library view)?

(Taking screenshots with iPad is easy: http://www.simplehelp.net/2010/04/03/how...your-ipad/)

Here you go. (This was actually the first time in many months I opened songbook Wink

Its working ok, but it hasnt been supported since more than two years. So chances are that one day you will wake up and it no longer works....
(16-04-2014 18:50)bbrip Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-04-2014 18:35)AdamWysokinski Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone with Songbook Lite for iPad could take some screenshots of the program (especially of the library view)?

Here you go. (This was actually the first time in many months I opened songbook Wink

Its working ok, but it hasnt been supported since more than two years. So chances are that one day you will wake up and it no longer works....

Thanks Smile What do you use instead? (I guess it's Lumin?)
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's