MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimserver Diisappears?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there, have been running Minimserver on a QNAP TS-220 and love it. by far the best server!

Pretty frequently though, and I am unable to find a pattern, it seems to kind of go to sleep. It seems to be during inactivity, since I don't think it has happened whilst playing.

It will not show up on my Cambridge Audio streaming box, however, Minimwatch can still see it, and choosing restart or rescan brings it right back up.

any reason you think this may be? odd that it leaves the network but minimwatch can still see it?

any advice would be a great help

The HDD is not spinning down etc....
(03-04-2014 19:30)goose Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there, have been running Minimserver on a QNAP TS-220 and love it. by far the best server!

Pretty frequently though, and I am unable to find a pattern, it seems to kind of go to sleep. It seems to be during inactivity, since I don't think it has happened whilst playing.

It will not show up on my Cambridge Audio streaming box, however, Minimwatch can still see it, and choosing restart or rescan brings it right back up.

any reason you think this may be? odd that it leaves the network but minimwatch can still see it?

any advice would be a great help

The HDD is not spinning down etc....

do you have a managed switch between the renderer (CA) and NAS?
or a 'green' switch which cuts power to inactive ports?

cheers,
Stefan
not that I am aware of. It's just my plain old Wifi/4 port one supplied by the ISP.
Also, the built in DLNA on my Win7 laptop (annoyingly) shows up there all the time, so that wouldn't be It I don't think...

I like how you are thinking though! any more suggestions?
Thanks for the fast reply!
(03-04-2014 19:41)goose Wrote: [ -> ]not that I am aware of. It's just my plain old Wifi/4 port one supplied by the ISP.
Also, the built in DLNA on my Win7 laptop (annoyingly) shows up there all the time, so that wouldn't be It I don't think...

Please describe your complete network setup (all devices and how they are connected).

Are you running the Cambridge Audio Stream Magic app? When you can't see MinimServer on the Cambridge Audio box, can you see and control MinimServer from the Stream Magic app? If so, this suggests the problem is related to how the Cambridge Audio box is connected to the network.
(05-04-2014 17:32)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-04-2014 19:41)goose Wrote: [ -> ]not that I am aware of. It's just my plain old Wifi/4 port one supplied by the ISP.

Please describe your complete network setup (all devices and how they are connected).

Are you running the Cambridge Audio Stream Magic app? When you can't see MinimServer on the Cambridge Audio box, can you see and control MinimServer from the Stream Magic app? If so, this suggests the problem is related to how the Cambridge Audio box is connected to the network.

Qnap nas as above with minimserver running connected with Ethernet through power line adapters to router.
Cambridge audio box connected the same way
iMac. Wifi
iPad and iPhone wifi
Two apple tvs. Wifi
TiVo Ethernet
PS3 Ethernet

Yes I am using stream magic app, and this does not show up the minim server either. I think this is because the app views it from. The point of view of the ca player, as opposed to. Looking at the whole network.

The restart of minimserver brings it straight back up as visible. Minim watch is always green so it is at least doing SOMETHING. I need another device to see if that can see minim when the ca box doesn't.
Forgot to mention, the ca box always sees my laptop win 7 standard dlna media sharing so it's on the network ok
(05-04-2014 18:23)goose Wrote: [ -> ]Forgot to mention, the ca box always sees my laptop win 7 standard dlna media sharing so it's on the network ok

Your network list didn't say anything about a Win 7 laptop. How is this connected? Are there any other devices?
(05-04-2014 19:44)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-04-2014 18:23)goose Wrote: [ -> ]Forgot to mention, the ca box always sees my laptop win 7 standard dlna media sharing so it's on the network ok

Your network list didn't say anything about a Win 7 laptop. How is this connected? Are there any other devices?

Oopsie. Yes, a windows 7 laptop on wifi,
Also a Linksys voip box on Ethernet.

THATS all there is. Smile
(05-04-2014 19:54)goose Wrote: [ -> ]Oopsie. Yes, a windows 7 laptop on wifi,
Also a Linksys voip box on Ethernet.

THATS all there is. Smile

What kind of router is it? In an earlier post, you described it as a "plain old Wifi/4 port one supplied by the ISP". However, I think I have counted 5 devices connected to it via Ethernet (VOIP, QNAP, Cambridge, Tivo, PS3). Do the QNAP and Cambridge share a single powerline adapter at the router end?

I think the problem will turn out to be related to either the router settings or the powerline adapters.
The router is a virgin media super hub.

I can't find out what it ACTUALLY is under the branding.

The power adapters work in a star configuration. You have one by the router talking to multiple round the house, so anything connected by these only take one port in the router.

I might pop a small switch by the stereo so I can wire the ca box and nas straight together and see what happens.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's