MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minim Server on Synology DSM5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, has anyone gotten Minimserver (8.1) to work on the new Synology DSM 5?

I have tried to install it on both my Nasses, but whatever I do, I get the message: Minim Server Start Error: see system log.

In the system log, the only thing I can see is the same message: Minim server start error.

In the system log, it states " Java SE for embedded 7 is succesfully installed" ; " user minimserver has been created" and " package minimserver is succesfully installed"

account Minimserver has gotten read/write acces to the music and public directory.

I have installed mnim server 8.1 arm spk on my DS214, and Java 1.7.0_51-022
Did you install the 0.81b

(B!)

version?
(28-02-2014 10:16)zegel Wrote: [ -> ]I have installed mnim server 8.1 arm spk on my DS214, and Java 1.7.0_51-022

It sounds like you installed the 0.8.1a version. Please uninstall this completely and install the 0.8.1b version. After setting the content directory from the status page, install MinimWatch on another computer and follow the MinimWatch update prompts to install MinimServer update 18 followed by MinimServer update 21.

There is no 'minimserver' user in the 0.8.1b version.

You don't need to uninstall or reinstall Java.
(28-02-2014 12:42)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-02-2014 10:16)zegel Wrote: [ -> ]I have installed mnim server 8.1 arm spk on my DS214, and Java 1.7.0_51-022

It sounds like you installed the 0.8.1a version. Please uninstall this completely and install the 0.8.1b version. After setting the content directory from the status page, install MinimWatch on another computer and follow the MinimWatch update prompts to install MinimServer update 18 followed by MinimServer update 21.

There is no 'minimserver' user in the 0.8.1b version.

You don't need to uninstall or reinstall Java.

Thank you Simon and UK75, this was exactly the fault I made , problem solved - tonight back onto my favourite server after days unhappy with the LMS
Hi Simon

I've the same problem. MinimServer does not start. But I'm shure I've installed 0.81b version, as there is not a A version available on your download site.

Regards
Beat
(31-03-2014 20:26)pantau Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon

I've the same problem. MinimServer does not start. But I'm shure I've installed 0.81b version, as there is not a A version available on your download site.

Regards
Beat

Hi,

which NAS model do you have and how did you install Java? Which exact error message do you see? Can you find something in the system log?

As a first step, please completely uninstall the current MinimServer package, reboot the NAS and reinstall MinimServer.
Hi

The Nas is a DS110j with DSM 5.0
I installed Java Version ejre-7u51-fcs-b13-linux-arm-sflt-headless-18_dec_2013

Error Message is: SYSTEM: MinimServer start error:.
I also installed Java again.
Regards
Beat

(31-03-2014 20:49)winxi Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-03-2014 20:26)pantau Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon

Regards
Beat

Hi,

which NAS model do you have and how did you install Java? Which exact error message do you see? Can you find something in the system log?

As a first step, please completely uninstall the current MinimServer package, reboot the NAS and reinstall MinimServer.
(01-04-2014 08:38)pantau Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

The Nas is a DS110j with DSM 5.0
I installed Java Version ejre-7u51-fcs-b13-linux-arm-sflt-headless-18_dec_2013

Error Message is: SYSTEM: MinimServer start error:.
I also installed Java again.
Regards
Beat

This is the correct version of Java for your NAS.

Have you tried completely uninstalling MinimServer, rebooting the NAS, and downloading and installing MinimServer again?
Hello fellow users of the minimserver,

Would you recommend updating to DSM5.0 or would you recommend to stick with DSM4.3 for the moment?

Thanks for your suggestions,

Joerg
(12-04-2014 16:42)Siriuslux Wrote: [ -> ]Hello fellow users of the minimserver,

Would you recommend updating to DSM5.0 or would you recommend to stick with DSM4.3 for the moment?

Thanks for your suggestions,

Joerg

I'm not messing with a good thing. I see no advantage to DSM 5.0 if all I am doing is playing music and not using the Synology audio package.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's