MinimServer Forum

Full Version: controller cannot see minimServer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm not 100% sure, but it does seem both PC and QNAP minimServer SSDP listening stopped at the same time. I will pay more attention next time.

Also, the minimServer on my PC will stay in gray color and inoperative.

If there is no other test that I'd do, then I'll quite minimServer and start again.

PS: maybe minimServer can add some code to check SSDP bounding as well?
(20-08-2012 09:44)psme Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not 100% sure, but it does seem both PC and QNAP minimServer SSDP listening stopped at the same time. I will pay more attention next time.

Also, the minimServer on my PC will stay in gray color and inoperative.

Do you mean the MininWatch tray icon on your PC? It isn't possible for the MinimServer tray icon to be gray. The MinimServer tray icon on your PC should be green if MinimServer is still running. The MinimWatch tray icon on your PC would be gray if MinimServer on the QNAP isn't receiving multicast messages or if MinimWatch on the PC isn't receving multicast messages.

Quote:If there is no other test that I'd do, then I'll quite minimServer and start again.

I've compared the output from your netstat -nab to my output from this command, and there seems to be an important difference. In your output, the address that's bound to port 1900 is 0.0.0.0. In my output, this address is my PC's network IP address 192.168.0.14. This might be related to the problem. Please can you redirect the complete output from netstat -nab to a file and attach it here.

What happens if you exit the MinimServer process and restart it? Do you still see 0.0.0.0 bound to port 1900, or do you see your PC's IP network IP address? Please can you also attach the complete output from doing this.

Quote:PS: maybe minimServer can add some code to check SSDP bounding as well?

Port binding is handled by ohNet. I don't think it would be useful for MinimServer to check that port 1900 is bound by the process, because it couldn't do anything to fix this problem if the port becomes unbound.
Yes I checked there is a java 1900 port bounding on my PC 192.168.1.120 IP. Please see attached screen cap. Since that 192.168.1.120:1900 bounding is grouped with Kinsky, I thought it's used by a client/controller program and didn't think it is minimServer. Btw, why all other UPnP servers are under 0.0.0.0:1900 but minimServer uses 192.168.1.120:1900? Is it the way of java?

So I closed minimServer, and start it again. But this time minimServer gave a Red icon with this error:
C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib\ohNet.dll: Can't load AMD64-bit.dll on a IA 32-bit platform

So I went to java website and "check" my java version. It seems my java is fine. Please check the screen cap.

Last time when this happened I rebooted the PC and minimServer worked again. What should I do now? re-install minimServer? re-install java? reboot PC?
(21-08-2012 03:00)psme Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I checked there is a java 1900 port bounding on my PC 192.168.1.120 IP. Please see attached screen cap. Since that 192.168.1.120:1900 bounding is grouped with Kinsky, I thought it's used by a client/controller program and didn't think it is minimServer. Btw, why all other UPnP servers are under 0.0.0.0:1900 but minimServer uses 192.168.1.120:1900? Is it the way of java?

In the latest screen cap, I see other servers under 192.168.1.120, which seems to be different from what you are saying here.

As I requested in my previous post, please can you redirect the complete output from netstat -nab to a file (in both the working and failing cases) and attach both files here. It's important to provide the complete output, not just a few entries in a screen cap.

The ohNet developers have responded to my problem report and they've asked me for some more information about the problem. Please can you answer all the following questions about the devices that are showing this problem (your PC and your QNAP):
  • What type of network connection (wired, wifi, powerline) are the devices on?
  • Do the devices ever change their active network adapters?
  • Is the network connection ever interrupted?
  • Are the devices ever hibernated/restarted?

Quote:So I closed minimServer, and start it again. But this time minimServer gave a Red icon with this error:
C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib\ohNet.dll: Can't load AMD64-bit.dll on a IA 32-bit platform

So I went to java website and "check" my java version. It seems my java is fine. Please check the screen cap.

Last time when this happened I rebooted the PC and minimServer worked again. What should I do now? re-install minimServer? re-install java? reboot PC?

This means you are trying to use 64-bit MinimServer with 32-bit Java. You have two options:

a) Uninstall 32-bit Java from the PC and install 64-bit Java if you don't already have it installed. Leave 64-bit MinimServer installed.

b) Uninstall 64-bit Java from the PC and leave 32-bit Java installed. Uninstall 64-bit MinimServer and install 32-bit MinimServer instead.

This will prevent any possibility of getting a 32/64 mismatch between your Java installation and your MinimServer installation.
Sorry! Will PM you the full netstat output when the problem happen again.

My setup:
- PC Win7 64bit SP1
- standard onboard LAN Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)
- LAN port in 1G mode, jumbo frame disabled
- I think the network is always on
- no hibernate/standby on the PC, no restart on the NIC

For the 64/32bit problem, I rebooted the PC but minimServer still complain 64/32bit problem. I reinstalled minimServer with same problem. So I reinstall java 64bit (java installer said the version is already installed so I select re-install), then 64bit minimServer runs.

Does that mean I shouldn't have both 32 and 64bit JRE on the PC?
(22-08-2012 02:28)psme Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry! Will PM you the full netstat output when the problem happen again.

My setup:
- PC Win7 64bit SP1
- standard onboard LAN Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)
- LAN port in 1G mode, jumbo frame disabled
- I think the network is always on
- no hibernate/standby on the PC, no restart on the NIC

Please can you also confirm the following:
1) Are the PC and NAS connected to your switch/router directly by Ethernet, or is there any powerline or wifi involved?
2) Do the devices ever change their active network adapters?

Thanks for sending the netstat output. I'll take a look later today.

Quote:For the 64/32bit problem, I rebooted the PC but minimServer still complain 64/32bit problem. I reinstalled minimServer with same problem. So I reinstall java 64bit (java installer said the version is already installed so I select re-install), then 64bit minimServer runs.

Does that mean I shouldn't have both 32 and 64bit JRE on the PC?

Yes, it does mean that. When both of these are installed, it's unpredictable which one will be used by Windows to launch the minimserver.jar file. Normally it seems to be the last one that was installed, but I wouldn't recommend relying on this.
(22-08-2012 09:56)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Please can you also confirm the following:
1) Are the PC and NAS connected to your switch/router directly by Ethernet, or is there any powerline or wifi involved?
2) Do the devices ever change their active network adapters?

FYI, I'm waiting for answers to these questions so that I can send a full response to the ohNet developers about this problem.
Direct LAN between NAS/PC to switch/router. No Powerline anywhere, no wi-fi on NAS/PC.

I don't really understand the second question. The Qnap 212 has only 1 LAN port. The PC has only a single onboard LAN. No virtual interface or VM install. Windows has only 1 network interface.
(23-08-2012 13:34)psme Wrote: [ -> ]Direct LAN between NAS/PC to switch/router. No Powerline anywhere, no wi-fi on NAS/PC.

I don't really understand the second question. The Qnap 212 has only 1 LAN port. The PC has only a single onboard LAN. No virtual interface or VM install. Windows has only 1 network interface.

Thanks, I'll pass this on to the ohNet developers.
The ohNet developers have suggested that ohNet might be responding to the M-SEARCH request, but the response may contain some error that causes it to be discarded by the control point.

If this happens again, could you run an outbound WireShark trace as well as an inbound Wireshark trace when the control point is started? This would show whether ohNet is sending any kind of response to M-SEARCH. Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's