MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Web Browser Status Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The page is useful (and I hope that its functionality will be developed further), because it enables me to initiate a rescan from my tablet.

When I press the rescan button, the page gives the error message that no content directory was specified, even when I am not trying to change the content directory. Entering the directory name does allow the rescan to be initiated.

Also, when the rescan button is pressed, the status changes to 'restarting', but once the scan is complete a manual refresh of the page is required before the status message reverts to 'running'.

David
(07-02-2014 02:12)DavidHB Wrote: [ -> ]The page is useful (and I hope that its functionality will be developed further), because it enables me to initiate a rescan from my tablet.

When I press the rescan button, the page gives the error message that no content directory was specified, even when I am not trying to change the content directory. Entering the directory name does allow the rescan to be initiated.

This is a bug that was introduced in update 17. It will be fixed in the next update. Thanks for letting me know about this.

Quote:Also, when the rescan button is pressed, the status changes to 'restarting', but once the scan is complete a manual refresh of the page is required before the status message reverts to 'running'.

David

This is working as intended. The status page is an "old-fashioned" HTML page that doesn't update unless it is refreshed manually by the client. The "last updated" line at the top of the page indicates when the last client refresh was done.
(07-02-2014 07:49)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-02-2014 02:12)DavidHB Wrote: [ -> ]When I press the rescan button, the page gives the error message that no content directory was specified, even when I am not trying to change the content directory. Entering the directory name does allow the rescan to be initiated.
This is a bug that was introduced in update 17. It will be fixed in the next update. Thanks for letting me know about this.

Understood. Thank you.

Quote:
Quote:Also, when the rescan button is pressed, the status changes to 'restarting', but once the scan is complete a manual refresh of the page is required before the status message reverts to 'running'.
This is working as intended. The status page is an "old-fashioned" HTML page that doesn't update unless it is refreshed manually by the client. The "last updated" line at the top of the page indicates when the last client refresh was done.

Also understood. I have a lot of sympathy with the intention to keep things simple. Could the page include a cue to indicate that the page should be refreshed for confirmation that the restart/rescan is complete?

David
(07-02-2014 15:02)DavidHB Wrote: [ -> ]Also understood. I have a lot of sympathy with the intention to keep things simple. Could the page include a cue to indicate that the page should be refreshed for confirmation that the restart/rescan is complete?

I think it might be helpful to reorganise the layout of the page slightly and add a 'Refresh status' button close to where the current status is displayed.
(07-02-2014 15:16)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]I think it might be helpful to reorganise the layout of the page slightly and add a 'Refresh status' button close to where the current status is displayed.

Thank you. That would help, as it would draw attention to the status information.

David
(07-02-2014 16:51)DavidHB Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you. That would help, as it would draw attention to the status information.

David

I was thinking that the presence of a button would be a strong hint that it needs to be clicked!

It also makes the status page self-sufficient, in that there is no need to use the browser controls for some of its functionality.
(07-02-2014 07:49)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-02-2014 02:12)DavidHB Wrote: [ -> ]The page is useful (and I hope that its functionality will be developed further), because it enables me to initiate a rescan from my tablet.

This fix is now available in MinimServer update 18.
Reference URL's