MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Multiple AlbumArtists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I´m working with the delimiter (\\ with MP3tag and ; in dbpoweramp) for genre (f.e. Jazz\\96). It work´s perfect. Wink

If i use the delimiter for AlbumArtists (for example: the lost and found cd compiled by Paul Weller - there are about 20 different artists on the cd, but no Paul Weller song - i tagged it under AlbumArtists Paul Weller\\Various Artists), i couldn´t find it under Paul Weller nor Various Artists.
Help pleaseShy
(27-01-2014 12:22)dubclub Wrote: [ -> ]I´m working with the delimiter (\\ with MP3tag and ; in dbpoweramp) for genre (f.e. Jazz\\96). It work´s perfect. Wink

If i use the delimiter for AlbumArtists (for example: the lost and found cd compiled by Paul Weller - there are about 20 different artists on the cd, but no Paul Weller song - i tagged it under AlbumArtists Paul Weller\\Various Artists), i couldn´t find it under Paul Weller nor Various Artists.
Help pleaseShy

MinimServer allows multiple values for Artist but not for AlbumArtist. You should see some messages in the log saying that the conflicting values have been ignored.
Oh....thank you for the quick answer :-)
(27-01-2014 12:37)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-01-2014 12:22)dubclub Wrote: [ -> ]I´m working with the delimiter (\\ with MP3tag and ; in dbpoweramp) for genre (f.e. Jazz\\96). It work´s perfect. Wink

Help pleaseShy

MinimServer allows multiple values for Artist but not for AlbumArtist. You should see some messages in the log saying that the conflicting values have been ignored.
What about Composer? I've just bought a work by George & Ira Gershwin...

NickP
(27-01-2014 18:23)NickP Wrote: [ -> ]What about Composer? I've just bought a work by George & Ira Gershwin...

NickP

That's fine. Nearly everything can have multiple values. I think the only exceptions are:

AlbumArtist
Album
Group
Tracknumber
Discnumber
Discsubtitle
(27-01-2014 18:47)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-01-2014 18:23)NickP Wrote: [ -> ]What about Composer? I've just bought a work by George & Ira Gershwin...

NickP

That's fine. Nearly everything can have multiple values. I think the only exceptions are:

AlbumArtist
Album
Group
Tracknumber
Discnumber
Discsubtitle
Ah! Thanks! I hadn't appreciated that it was "everything, except..." rather than "only..."
Reference URL's