MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimWatch forces dedicated graphics on MacBook Pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MinimWatch (or rather the contained JavaAppLauncher) seems to force my MacBook Pro to use the dedicated graphics card in lieu of the less power-consuming integrated graphics. As a consequence, my battery drains quite quickly as long as MinimWatch is running (i.e., always).

Can this be changed in any way? After all, it's a bit of an overkill to require a dedicated graphics chip in order to display a menubar item ;-)

Thanks for any help, and kind regards
Victor
(18-01-2014 15:40)vkoechli Wrote: [ -> ]MinimWatch (or rather the contained JavaAppLauncher) seems to force my MacBook Pro to use the dedicated graphics card in lieu of the less power-consuming integrated graphics. As a consequence, my battery drains quite quickly as long as MinimWatch is running (i.e., always).

Can this be changed in any way? After all, it's a bit of an overkill to require a dedicated graphics chip in order to display a menubar item ;-)

Thanks for any help, and kind regards
Victor

MinimWatch uses Java Swing to display its user interface. From a quick web search, I found this post that confirms this is a Java Swing issue. I couldn't find a post from anyone who had found a solution.
Thanks for the quick reply, Simon. So it seems that for the moment, the only solution is to quit MinimWatch when I'm not using it. Let's see if someone can come up with a fix…

EDIT: I found a solution in this post:

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions...-with-vmwa

The solution is to quit all applications using dedicated graphics, then use gfxCardStatus to force the computer to integrated only. This has to repeated several times until the checkmark indicates the setting has been accepted. If MinimWatch is then launched, the machine will remain on integrated graphics.
Reference URL's