MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Cannot access options in Minim Watch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have successfully installed the latest version of Minim Server on my Qnap 412, previously running Twonky which has been disabled, and Minim Watch on my Windows 7 laptop. All seems to work fine and I can see Minim serv on the control point and access and play music. The issue I am experiencing is that I cannot select all the options on Minim Watch on my computer as they are greyed out. What am I doing wrong?
(03-01-2014 19:03)RB1973 Wrote: [ -> ]I have successfully installed the latest version of Minim Server on my Qnap 412, previously running Twonky which has been disabled, and Minim Watch on my Windows 7 laptop. All seems to work fine and I can see Minim serv on the control point and access and play music. The issue I am experiencing is that I cannot select all the options on Minim Watch on my computer as they are greyed out. What am I doing wrong?

What colour is the minim icon on the laptop? Which options are greyed out and which options are available?
(03-01-2014 21:56)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2014 19:03)RB1973 Wrote: [ -> ]I have successfully installed the latest version of Minim Server on my Qnap 412, previously running Twonky which has been disabled, and Minim Watch on my Windows 7 laptop. All seems to work fine and I can see Minim serv on the control point and access and play music. The issue I am experiencing is that I cannot select all the options on Minim Watch on my computer as they are greyed out. What am I doing wrong?

What colour is the minim icon on the laptop? Which options are greyed out and which options are available?

The Minim icon is grey/light blue and the only icons that are not greyed out are Options/Refresh/Exit, all the other options above these are greyed out Rescan/Properties/Show Log/About/Stop/Restart/Close. What I am trying to achieve is to play DSD files in DoP format. The control point sees the files but the files cannot be played.
(04-01-2014 01:54)RB1973 Wrote: [ -> ]

The Minim icon is grey/light blue and the only icons that are not greyed out are Options/Refresh/Exit, all the other options above these are greyed out Rescan/Properties/Show Log/About/Stop/Restart/Close. What I am trying to achieve is to play DSD files in DoP format. The control point sees the files but the files cannot be played.

This means that MinimWatch can't find MinimServer. The most likely cause is that incoming connections to MinimWatch are being blocked by the Windows firewall. You can confirm this by completely disabling the Windows firewall to see if this makes a difference.

If this doesn't help, the other possibility is that you have two network adapters (real or virtual) on your Windows machine and MinimWatch is using the wrong adapter. You can confirm this by disabling all adapters other than the adapter you want MinimWatch to use, then restarting MinimWatch.
(04-01-2014 11:58)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2014 01:54)RB1973 Wrote: [ -> ]

This means that MinimWatch can't find MinimServer. The most likely cause is that incoming connections to MinimWatch are being blocked by the Windows firewall. You can confirm this by completely disabling the Windows firewall to see if this makes a difference.

If this doesn't help, the other possibility is that you have two network adapters (real or virtual) on your Windows machine and MinimWatch is using the wrong adapter. You can confirm this by disabling all adapters other than the adapter you want MinimWatch to use, then restarting MinimWatch.

Many thanks for all your help. Managed to get Minim Watch working by disabling the Firewall. The final step now is to be able to play dff files, have had no success as yet. Minim Server sees these files on the control point but cannot be played. I have now downloaded the Minim Streamer package but still no success. The receiving device accepts DSD files in DoP format therefore the DSD files need to be converted to DoP in Minim Server. Please advise.
(14-01-2014 13:59)RB1973 Wrote: [ -> ]Many thanks for all your help. Managed to get Minim Watch working by disabling the Firewall. The final step now is to be able to play dff files, have had no success as yet. Minim Server sees these files on the control point but cannot be played. I have now downloaded the Minim Streamer package but still no success. The receiving device accepts DSD files in DoP format therefore the DSD files need to be converted to DoP in Minim Server. Please advise.

On the System tab of the Properties window, you need to set the stream.transcode property to dff:dopwav.
(14-01-2014 14:53)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-01-2014 13:59)RB1973 Wrote: [ -> ]Many thanks for all your help. Managed to get Minim Watch working by disabling the Firewall. The final step now is to be able to play dff files, have had no success as yet. Minim Server sees these files on the control point but cannot be played. I have now downloaded the Minim Streamer package but still no success. The receiving device accepts DSD files in DoP format therefore the DSD files need to be converted to DoP in Minim Server. Please advise.

On the System tab of the Properties window, you need to set the stream.transcode property to dff:dopwav.

Done, still no luck. Please advise.
(14-01-2014 15:17)RB1973 Wrote: [ -> ]

Got it working!! Once again many thanks for all your help and assistance.
(14-01-2014 15:26)RB1973 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-01-2014 15:17)RB1973 Wrote: [ -> ]

Got it working!! Once again many thanks for all your help and assistance.

Hi again, with all your help managed to get the QNAP working. Now I am trying to get a Syonology NAS setup to play DSD files using a MAC. The Synology model is DS2413+, followed all the instructions to install Minim Server, installed Minimserv 0.72.3 on JAVA SE for embedded 6 and minimwatch 0.81 on my Mac book pro 64 bits MAC OSX 10.9.1. The issue I am experiencing is that the properties tab in Minim watch only has 3 tabs (Server/Advanced/System) instead of the 5 tabs (Server/Advanced/System/Packages/Modules). When I select the systems tab the stream.transcode field does not appear, therefore cannot enter the codes to enable DoP. Please advise.
(17-01-2014 15:33)RB1973 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi again, with all your help managed to get the QNAP working. Now I am trying to get a Syonology NAS setup to play DSD files using a MAC. The Synology model is DS2413+, followed all the instructions to install Minim Server, installed Minimserv 0.72.3 on JAVA SE for embedded 6 and minimwatch 0.81 on my Mac book pro 64 bits MAC OSX 10.9.1. The issue I am experiencing is that the properties tab in Minim watch only has 3 tabs (Server/Advanced/System) instead of the 5 tabs (Server/Advanced/System/Packages/Modules). When I select the systems tab the stream.transcode field does not appear, therefore cannot enter the codes to enable DoP. Please advise.

You will need to update to MinimServer 0.8.1 on the Synology to make this work. You can find full instructions on this page.
Reference URL's