MinimServer Forum

Full Version: getting "n album" view in "AlbumArtist" order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I tested out Minimserver on a spare drive in my NAS to see how it worked. Anyway im sure i managed to get the the n album view to order the albums by the "AlbumArtist" tag.

However now set it up on my main NAS and cant seem to replicate this.

Im sure i had "Album.sortTags={AlbumArtist, Album}" in "tagOptions " but this doesnt seem to make any difference.

Im trying to get the n album view to list the albums so that say Adele - 19 would come under A not under # as it does now
(29-12-2013 17:49)Foxman50 Wrote: [ -> ]I tested out Minimserver on a spare drive in my NAS to see how it worked. Anyway im sure i managed to get the the n album view to order the albums by the "AlbumArtist" tag.

Im sure i had "Album.sortTags={AlbumArtist, Album}" in "tagOptions " but this doesnt seem to make any difference.

Im trying to get the n album view to list the albums so that say Adele - 19 would come under A not under # as it does now

Are you sure this album is tagged with Adele as AlbumArtist, not Artist? To include both types of artist tagging in the sort order, you can use

Album.sortTags={AlbumArtist, Artist, Album}
(29-12-2013 18:03)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-12-2013 17:49)Foxman50 Wrote: [ -> ]I tested out Minimserver on a spare drive in my NAS to see how it worked. Anyway im sure i managed to get the the n album view to order the albums by the "AlbumArtist" tag.

Are you sure this album is tagged with Adele as AlbumArtist, not Artist? To include both types of artist tagging in the sort order, you can use

Album.sortTags={AlbumArtist, Artist, Album}

Hi Simon

Hope you xmas went well.

Yes it definitely there see attached[attachment=335]

Ive tried replacing Album.sortTags={AlbumArtist, Artist, Album} with Album.sortTags={Genre} but nothing changes in the way n albums lists the albums
(29-12-2013 18:16)Foxman50 Wrote: [ -> ]Ive tried replacing Album.sortTags={AlbumArtist, Artist, Album} with Album.sortTags={Genre} but nothing changes in the way n albums lists the albums.

Did you rescan or restart MinimServer after you changed the property? If you did, I would find the lack of change rather odd.

David
(29-12-2013 19:11)DavidHB Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-12-2013 18:16)Foxman50 Wrote: [ -> ]Ive tried replacing Album.sortTags={AlbumArtist, Artist, Album} with Album.sortTags={Genre} but nothing changes in the way n albums lists the albums.

Did you rescan or restart MinimServer after you changed the property? If you did, I would find the lack of change rather odd.

David

I have restarted and rescanned through minimwatch. Ive stopped and restarted minimserver on NAS. But no change. Other settings take effect like "stream.Transcode flac:wav24" and "mergeFolderAlbums true"

Is the config stored on the NAS somewhere, is it possible to look at it see if the changes from minimwatch are being applied.
(29-12-2013 19:27)Foxman50 Wrote: [ -> ]I have restarted and rescanned through minimwatch. Ive stopped and restarted minimserver on NAS. But no change. Other settings take effect like "stream.Transcode flac:wav24" and "mergeFolderAlbums true"

Is the config stored on the NAS somewhere, is it possible to look at it see if the changes from minimwatch are being applied.

What make and model of NAS is this?
(29-12-2013 20:15)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-12-2013 19:27)Foxman50 Wrote: [ -> ]I have restarted and rescanned through minimwatch. Ive stopped and restarted minimserver on NAS. But no change. Other settings take effect like "stream.Transcode flac:wav24" and "mergeFolderAlbums true"

What make and model of NAS is this?

Synology 212j DSM 3.2 Build 1955
As i mentioned i had a spare HDD in the NAS i used for testing minimserver and im positive it was working fine with the same settings im using now. Its strange how the other settings are all happening
(29-12-2013 20:19)Foxman50 Wrote: [ -> ]Synology 212j DSM 3.2 Build 1955
As i mentioned i had a spare HDD in the NAS i used for testing minimserver and im positive it was working fine with the same settings im using now. Its strange how the other settings are all happening

You can look in the minimserver.config file in the /volume1/homes/minimserver/appData directory (visible in File Station). What value do you see in this file for the minimserver.tagOptions property?
(29-12-2013 20:29)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]You can look in the minimserver.config file in the /volume1/homes/minimserver/appData directory (visible in File Station). What value do you see in this file for the minimserver.tagOptions property?

minimserver.relaunchScan =
minimserver.tagOptions = Album.sortTags\={AlbumArtist, Album}
minimserver.udn = 8298e1d6-e05a-4863-8aa3-bf1c9f8235b5
minimserver.tagCustom = Composer.displayRole\={artist}
minimserver.tagFormat = Artist.displayFormat\={$artist$orchestra$conductor}
minimserver.configVersion = 0.8.113
minimserver.contentDir = /volume1/music
watch.checkedUpdates = minimserver-0.8.1.jmupd\nminimserver-0.8-update-12;1388327023493
minimserver.checkedUpdates = minimserver-0.8.1.jmupd\nminimserver-0.8-update-12;1388326333986
minimserver.mergeFolderAlbums = true
minimserver.indexTags = AlbumArtist, Album, Artist, Date, Genre, All Artists, Composer, Conductor, Orchestra
stream.transcode = flac\:wav24
minimserver.displayName = MinimServer
.logLevel = info

the directory holds the following files
minimserver-out.log
minimserver.config
minimserver.config.lock
minimserver.log
music-1.mcache
music-2.mcache
(29-12-2013 20:49)Foxman50 Wrote: [ -> ]minimserver.tagOptions = Album.sortTags\={AlbumArtist, Album}

This looks fine. It is likely that your control point is overriding the sort order sent by MinimServer and imposing its own sort order. Which control point are you using?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's