MinimServer Forum

Full Version: HTTPService: error creating server socket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!, just installed MinimServer 0.8.1 update 12 in Ubuntu 13.10 without any problem, did upgrade to 12 and I could use it with LEIA (DMC), but when I first restart replies: HTTPService: Error creating server socket: Address already being used.
I changed in Properties / system to another value the http.port but still giving error. Can be any value? Any ideas? thanks
(23-12-2013 21:01)Fluxardo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!, just installed MinimServer 0.8.1 update 12 in Ubuntu 13.10 without any problem, did upgrade to 12 and I could use it with LEIA (DMC), but when I first restart replies: HTTPService: Error creating server socket: Address already being used.
I changed in Properties / system to another value the http.port but still giving error. Can be any value? Any ideas? thanks

This usually means you have another instance of MinimServer currently running that is using the same port. Please try rebooting the computer to see if this clears the problem.
This usually means you have another instance of MinimServer currently running that is using the same port. Please try rebooting the computer to see if this clears the problem.
[/quote]

Yes, thanks, that is the question: minimserver starts to boot but not reported as an asset or so Leia no appears in the two instances, I manually start and gives the error. Why do not properly start at the beginning? When I minimserver / bin / setup answers: "MinimServer desktop integration is not available". I'm on Ubuntu 13.10. I manually start it and is not problem for me but i am curious to know why,Thanks
(30-12-2013 18:24)Fluxardo Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, thanks, that is the question: minimserver starts to boot but not reported as an asset or so Leia no appears in the two instances, I manually start and gives the error. Why do not properly start at the beginning? When I minimserver / bin / setup answers: "MinimServer desktop integration is not available". I'm on Ubuntu 13.10. I manually start it and is not problem for me but i am curious to know why,Thanks

The message from minimserver/bin/setup should say either:

MinimServer desktop integration is not available
MinimServer automatic startup is enabled

or:

MinimServer desktop integration is not available
MinimServer automatic startup is disabled

If it is the first of these, a MinimServer daemon background process will start automatically when Ubuntu is started. To see MinimServer in a UPnP control point such as Leia, the MinimServer content directory must be configured. This is covered in steps 7 to 11 of this section.

From your description, it seems that you didn't perform this configuration when you first installed MinimServer. To set the correct configuration now, do the following:

1) Run the command minimserver/bin/stopall. This will stop all running instances of MinimServer.

2) Run the command minimserver/bin/startd. If no content directory is set, this will show a file chooser dialog asking you to select a content directory.

3) Select the content directory for your music library. MinimServer should now be visible in Leia.

4) If you have used minimserver/bin/setup to configure MinimServer to start automatically, it will run as a daemon background process. To do further configuration of MinimServer settings and options, you need to install and run MinimWatch either on the same Ubuntu machine or on any other computer on your local network.
Thanks for your answer, the idea is now very clear
(03-01-2014 00:27)Fluxardo Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your answer, the idea is now very clear

Thanks for rasing this issue. The current setup procedure for Ubuntu is somewhat confusing, and it should improve in the future if/when desktop integration for Ubuntu is supported. This would allow the MinimServer background process to be managed from the Ubuntu desktop instead of needing to use MinimWatch.
Reference URL's