MinimServer Forum

Full Version: content directory not absolute
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody,

I'm unable to set the content directory either on the server on my synology ds 109
As well as on minimWatch on my Windows 7(64bit) PC.

My NAS is on 192.168.178.28, the data is in the directory public/Music. On windows
the data is shown with the letter z.

What do I have to enter in the content window?
Do I have to use / or \ when entering the folder path?

I know that's only a user problem, but thanks for your help.

Thorsten
(23-12-2013 08:24)propwash Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everybody,

I'm unable to set the content directory either on the server on my synology ds 109
As well as on minimWatch on my Windows 7(64bit) PC.

My NAS is on 192.168.178.28, the data is in the directory public/Music. On windows
the data is shown with the letter z.

What do I have to enter in the content window?
Do I have to use / or \ when entering the folder path?

I know that's only a user problem, but thanks for your help.

Thorsten

There are detailed instructions for finding the correct path on this page.
Dear Simon,

thank you!

Thorsten
I have a similar question but the link doesn't helps me.

I do use Mavericks on a Mac Mini.

I try to connect MinimServer to my Fritzbox NAS. Der Fritzbox is accessable via smb://NAME/SHARENAME. But MinimServer is unhappy and wants an absolute path. Hence I mounted the share via Bonjour Mounter automatically. The share is accessible via finder. But If I check information in the finder I don't get any information about a possible path. Hence I wonder, where I can find the absolute path name that fits with MinimServer.

Thanks.
(31-12-2013 15:44)seveneleven Wrote: [ -> ]I have a similar question but the link doesn't helps me.

I do use Mavericks on a Mac Mini.

I try to connect MinimServer to my Fritzbox NAS. Der Fritzbox is accessable via smb://NAME/SHARENAME. But MinimServer is unhappy and wants an absolute path. Hence I mounted the share via Bonjour Mounter automatically. The share is accessible via finder. But If I check information in the finder I don't get any information about a possible path. Hence I wonder, where I can find the absolute path name that fits with MinimServer.

Thanks.

The path to enter in the contentDir field is

/Volumes/<share-name>

where <share-name> is the name of the shared volume that you have mounted.
(01-01-2014 22:20)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]The path to enter in the contentDir field is

/Volumes/<share-name>

where <share-name> is the name of the shared volume that you have mounted.

so easy - THANKS Big Grin
Reference URL's