MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Can't get minimwatch to see minimserver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After the upgrade to 0.8 on my QNAP 219 NAS which seemed to have worked perfect as it is in the Apps on the NAS and upgrading minimWatch on my laptop it cannot see minimserver (greyed out).

I have restarted the laptop, restarted the NAS all to no avail. minimserver does not appear in Kinsky.

So I am back to Twonky which is working.

Any suggestions.
(19-12-2013 17:18)grimreaper46 Wrote: [ -> ]After the upgrade to 0.8 on my QNAP 219 NAS which seemed to have worked perfect as it is in the Apps on the NAS and upgrading minimWatch on my laptop it cannot see minimserver (greyed out).

I have restarted the laptop, restarted the NAS all to no avail. minimserver does not appear in Kinsky.

Any suggestions.

Please use the new MinimServer browser status page to confirm that MinimServer is running. To do this, type n.n.n.n:9790 into your browser address bar, where n.n.n.n is the IP address of the QNAP. If the status page is displayed, please copy and paste the contents here.

If the status page is not displayed, something has gone wrong with the update to MinimServer on the QNAP. You could try rebooting the QNAP if you haven't done that already. Is there any output in the minimserver.log file in the QNAP Public share?
(19-12-2013 17:25)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-12-2013 17:18)grimreaper46 Wrote: [ -> ]After the upgrade to 0.8 on my QNAP 219 NAS which seemed to have worked perfect as it is in the Apps on the NAS and upgrading minimWatch on my laptop it cannot see minimserver (greyed out).

Any suggestions.

Please use the new MinimServer browser status page to confirm that MinimServer is running. To do this, type n.n.n.n:9790 into your browser address bar, where n.n.n.n is the IP address of the QNAP. If the status page is displayed, please copy and paste the contents here.

If the status page is not displayed, something has gone wrong with the update to MinimServer on the QNAP. You could try rebooting the QNAP if you haven't done that already. Is there any output in the minimserver.log file in the QNAP Public share?

No page available. I presume that means minimserver cannot be addressed on the NAS
Redownloaded Minimserver and it is OK now.
(19-12-2013 17:37)grimreaper46 Wrote: [ -> ]No page available. I presume that means minimserver cannot be addressed on the NAS

If no page is available, this means that MinimServer is not running.

This status page check is very useful in these situations to find out whether the problem is at the MinimServer end or the MinimWatch end. In previous releases, it could sometimes be difficult to be sure which end was causing the problem.

I'm glad you've solved the problem now.
Reference URL's