MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Question about the tagCustom property
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Simon,
In my MinimServer properties I have the following setting for the tagCustom property: "Composer.displayRole={artist},Conductor.displayRole={artist}". I set that in order to have MinimServer publish the value of the Composer and Conductor metadata so that they can be displayed by the control point, BubbleUPnP in my case. Is this the correct way to achieve what I want, and is there any other way to do it ?

I am asking that because I am still trying with the help of Bubbleguum to solve the issue I have with some composer metadata values (and only Composer) when feeding the Moon Mind renderer from MinimServer through BubbleUPnP control point. The setting in the tagCustom property relating to Composer makes me wondering if this could have any relation to my problem. Maybe none, but I just want to make sure. If there is another way of having MinimServer publish the composer metadata value, I would be curious to give it a try, just to see if it changes anything.

Regards
(02-12-2013 00:00)Andre Gosselin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon,
In my MinimServer properties I have the following setting for the tagCustom property: "Composer.displayRole={artist},Conductor.displayRole={artist}". I set that in order to have MinimServer publish the value of the Composer and Conductor metadata so that they can be displayed by the control point, BubbleUPnP in my case. Is this the correct way to achieve what I want, and is there any other way to do it ?

I am asking that because I am still trying with the help of Bubbleguum to solve the issue I have with some composer metadata values (and only Composer) when feeding the Moon Mind renderer from MinimServer through BubbleUPnP control point. The setting in the tagCustom property relating to Composer makes me wondering if this could have any relation to my problem. Maybe none, but I just want to make sure. If there is another way of having MinimServer publish the composer metadata value, I would be curious to give it a try, just to see if it changes anything.

Regards

You can publish the Composer value as either Composer.displayRole={artist} or Composer.displayRole={author}. You can also publish in both forms by setting Composer.displayRole={artist,author}.

Unfortunately, the UPnP specification doesn't say which of these forms is preferred for Composer information. Some control points look for one of these, some control points look for the other, and some control points don't recognise Composer information in either form. To make things worse, some control points misinterpret the "artist" form of publication and treat the Composer value as an artist.

MinimServer allows you to publish other values such as Conductor in the same way, but this is only useful if the control point is able to recognise these published values. I'm not aware of any control points that recognise Conductor information sent in this way.
(02-12-2013 07:07)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2013 00:00)Andre Gosselin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon,

Regards

You can publish the Composer value as either Composer.displayRole={artist} or Composer.displayRole={author}. You can also publish in both forms by setting Composer.displayRole={artist,author}.

Unfortunately, the UPnP specification doesn't say which of these forms is preferred for Composer information. Some control points look for one of these, some control points look for the other, and some control points don't recognise Composer information in either form. To make things worse, some control points misinterpret the "artist" form of publication and treat the Composer value as an artist.

MinimServer allows you to publish other values such as Conductor in the same way, but this is only useful if the control point is able to recognise these published values. I'm not aware of any control points that recognise Conductor information sent in this way.
Thanks a lot.
Reference URL's