MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Latest MiND App With MinimServer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All,

Not sure whether I should post it here, but I wanted to hear if there's any MiND 180 users that faces the same problem I have.

I have recently updated the latest MiND iPAD App and notice that the MiND 180 constantly freeze after a few minutes of usage which would require a reboot inorder to get it up again, after which it will freeze again and reboot will be required and the stories goes on.. I have contacted Simaudio on this and they advice me to update the firmware of the MiND 180, I tried updating the firmware following their instruction but the issue is still there...the most frustrating part is that MiND doesn't tell you whether the firmware update is successful or not....only the blinking light.

Not sure whether the new App or fimware is causing some kinda of conflict with Minimserver..

The only way I can manage the MiND 180 now is via the iPhone app which has not been updated yet.
(30-11-2013 12:53)mystream Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,

Not sure whether I should post it here, but I wanted to hear if there's any MiND 180 users that faces the same problem I have.

I have recently updated the latest MiND iPAD App and notice that the MiND 180 constantly freeze after a few minutes of usage which would require a reboot inorder to get it up again, after which it will freeze again and reboot will be required and the stories goes on.. I have contacted Simaudio on this and they advice me to update the firmware of the MiND 180, I tried updating the firmware following their instruction but the issue is still there...the most frustrating part is that MiND doesn't tell you whether the firmware update is successful or not....only the blinking light.

Not sure whether the new App or fimware is causing some kinda of conflict with Minimserver..

The only way I can manage the MiND 180 now is via the iPhone app which has not been updated yet.

What device are you using to run MinimServer? Which version of MinimServer are you using? Have you tried any other media servers?
(30-11-2013 16:50)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]

What device are you using to run MinimServer? Which version of MinimServer are you using? Have you tried any other media servers?

Hi Simon,

The Minimserver is running on Synology DS213, DSM 4.2-3211, Minimserver version is a special release 0.72 which was slightly modify by yourself to work with MiND renderer.

I have not done any serious testing with other DLNA server, but so far testing with Synology Media Server seem to be fine..

The reason I'm asking here is that I wish to narrow down the possible fault..

I own a Moon 380D with an embedded Mind module. I recently read about a new version of the Mind app which, according to Simaudio, requires a firmware upgrade. I was wary about applying the upgrade since, as you mentionned, the upgrade procedure is completely silent about its success. So I managed to get a demo 180D unit from my vendor yesterday in order to test the benefits of this upgrade. I applied the firmware upgrade and installed the new Mind HD app on an ipad mini.

As far as the firmware upgrade is concerned, it went well after following the instructions until the update light stopped flashing, altough I have no way to tell what this upgrade did exactly. After having installed the new Mind HD app (v 1.0.2) on my ipad mini, I took a tour of the UI with both of my Moon renderers (380D and 180D) active. The app could see both of them. I took a tour of the app with the updated 180D selected, and then a second tour this time with the 380D selected as the rendering device (which was *not* upgraded at all). Quite honestly, I did not see any difference, so I am wondering if this firmware upgrade is needed after all. But maybe my 380D had been previously upgraded when I purchased it in the first place (could it also be the case with the 180D ?). It is a pity that the app provides no means to know about a device current firmware version. A glaring omission in my sense.

I was able to stream my music files with the new app without problem using the updated (was it really?) Mind 180D renderer, using MinimServer 0.72 as music server running on Win7. The same holds when streaming from the old app version on an ipod. I did not experience any freeze after more than one hour of testing. I must mention that the use of MinimServer with the Mind app previously required the definition of a proxy for MinimServer with the help of BubbleUPnP server. This workaround is not needed anymore, so here is something the new app version is helpful for.

I am however very disappointed with the new app version. I find the UI really under par, especially if you compare with for ex. BubbleUPnP. You're in for lot of frustration if you music library is composed of classical music albums with long track titles or composer or artist names longer than 15 characters. Since it uses a tiled display providing only a small space for each entry, the app provides no way of seeing full titles and artist names when browsing the library tree, you have to select a specific album to finally be allowed to see more details. No way to get a list view or to get at a track metadata, composer not displayed. The playback queue listing is simply ridiculous due to a display space which cannot be adjusted, with the titles so heavily truncated as to become unusable. No way to control any of the app settings, most notably the width of the display columns. I expected to be able to drag the right border of the Queue column in order to see more of the track titles, but no such luck.

When browsing the music library up to the point you get at the album level, you see album art only if using AssetUPnP as the music server. With MinimServer as music server (I also tried MediaMonkey with the same result), you only get genery folder icons. I do not know why, maybe because all my album art is embedded inside tracks, without any art file at the folder level (but then, why do I get album art displayed with AssetUPnP ?) You can read in the Moon documentation that the company heavily recommends using AssetUPnP, but it appears that their app somewhere depends on AssetUPnP to work properly.

The app documentation does not give any clue about how to get around all those issues.

I really like the quality of the Moon devices. However, and I hate to say that, when it comes to their control app, I frankly think that the company is shooting itself in the foot by releasing software of such a poor quality. Your experience with a Moon renderer will be much more gratifying if you use a different control point like, on android, BubbleUPnP. If you have access to an android tablet, give it a try. However, I am not knowledgeable enough to recommend an equivalent product on the ipad platform.

Regards
(01-12-2013 03:16)mystream Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon,

The Minimserver is running on Synology DS213, DSM 4.2-3211, Minimserver version is a special release 0.72 which was slightly modify by yourself to work with MiND renderer.

I have not done any serious testing with other DLNA server, but so far testing with Synology Media Server seem to be fine..

Please try the latest 0.72.3 release. This has a more recent level of ohNet, which includes the fix I sent you previously and also has some other fixes.
(01-12-2013 09:08)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2013 03:16)mystream Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon,

Please try the latest 0.72.3 release. This has a more recent level of ohNet, which includes the fix I sent you previously and also has some other fixes.

Hi Simon,

Thanks, I have installed the latest 0.72.3 and Java 7, the result is still the same. I don't think it has any thing to do with Minimserver, tried using Synology Media server and it still freeze after some time. Given up hope on the MiND iPad app, I'm now using the BubbleUpnp controller (paid version), it has been working for the past 6 hours without a hitch...
I am have been having the same problem,I don't think it's Minim but cannot rule it out. I have spoken to Simaudio and have updated every thing three times, Its not as bad as it was but still happening. In folder view any I also have an issue with many of my double albums art work showing up in that view,not with all but most. Is the 0.72.3 compatible with my Qnap TS112 ?
Cheers
(02-12-2013 17:16)rmca99 Wrote: [ -> ]I am have been having the same problem,I don't think it's Minim but cannot rule it out. I have spoken to Simaudio and have updated every thing three times, Its not as bad as it was but still happening. In folder view any I also have an issue with many of my double albums art work showing up in that view,not with all but most. Is the 0.72.3 compatible with my Qnap TS112 ?
Cheers

The 0.72.3 release is for Synology only.

There will be a new release for all platforms soon. Please try this release when it is available. If you are still having problems with the new release (freezing or missing album art), I will investigate whether these problems are related to MinimServer.
(02-12-2013 17:34)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2013 17:16)rmca99 Wrote: [ -> ]I am have been having the same problem,I don't think it's Minim but cannot rule it out. I have spoken to Simaudio and have updated every thing three times, Its not as bad as it was but still happening. In folder view any I also have an issue with many of my double albums art work showing up in that view,not with all but most. Is the 0.72.3 compatible with my Qnap TS112 ?
Cheers

The 0.72.3 release is for Synology only.

There will be a new release for all platforms soon. Please try this release when it is available. If you are still having problems with the new release (freezing or missing album art), I will investigate whether these problems are related to MinimServer.

Looking forward to the new release

Your MiND 180 will confirm that the update is complete when the flashing green light on the back stays on. At this point reboot the unit by removing the DC power cable for 30 seconds (on a 380D switch on and off from the rocker switch at the IEC power input). The update will take around 8-10 minutes in total. The blue LED on the front of the unit will continue to flash until reboot is completed. I should also note that your iPad/mini should be running IOS7.0.4. for best stability.

If any users of the new APP for MiND cannot scroll within a playing track in play window you need to update your firmware.

Hope this helps and I am happy to answer any other questions on MOON MiND that may help Minim users although my replies may be slow.

JKC
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's