Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sort surname first, view surname last
23-09-2013, 18:26
Sort surname first, view surname last
This issue has come up in various ways on the forum, but I have not found a solution to my problem.

Like others, I would like to have Composer and probably also AlbumArtist indexed by surname (Bach, Johann Sebastian) but displaying in normal order (Johann Sebastian Bach). To that end, I have tagged most of my collection with ComposerSort in index order and Composer in normal order (as typically provided by on-line databases).

The relevant MinimServer settings are

alphaGroup: ComposerSort

indexTags: Artist, AlbumArtist,Date, Genre, All Artists, ComposerSort:Composer, Conductor, Orchestra, Soloist

itemTags: Composer

tagOptions: Album.sortTags={Genre,ComposerSort,Album}

tagCustom: Composer.displayRole={artist}

tagFormat: ComposerSort.displayFormat={$composer},Artist.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$c​onductor}

The sorting side of things is working well, but composer names are still displaying in sort order, i.e not using Composer data as I have attempted to specify. What am I doing wrong?

David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2013, 19:10
RE: Sort surname first, view surname last
Maybe it's OK after all. I've just noticed that the composer name is displaying correctly in the Kinsky browser and playlist. The surname first entries are all in the indexes/composer lists. Is that how it's meant to be?

David
23-09-2013, 21:33
(23-09-2013 19:10)DavidHB Wrote:  Maybe it's OK after all. I've just noticed that the composer name is displaying correctly in the Kinsky browser and playlist. The surname first entries are all in the indexes/composer lists. Is that how it's meant to be?

David

This is the best you can achieve with MinimServer 0.72. In a future release, I am hoping to add the capability to have the index entries display as "Firstname Lastname" even though they are sorted in the order of "Lastname, Firstname". Is this what you would like to see?
23-09-2013, 21:55
(23-09-2013 21:33)simoncn Wrote:  This is the best you can achieve with MinimServer 0.72. In a future release, I am hoping to add the capability to have the index entries display as "Firstname Lastname" even though they are sorted in the order of "Lastname, Firstname". Is this what you would like to see?

Yes, exactly that, please. And thanks for the confirmation.

David