Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synology 212j mapping.
23-09-2013, 18:08 (This post was last modified: 23-09-2013 18:13 by mors.)
RE: Synology 212j mapping.
No, as I said earlier the album is not seen in File Station, it is in Finder on my Mac.Are you saying that Synology log showing port mapping must be re added is not relevant?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2013, 22:06
(23-09-2013 18:08)mors Wrote:  No, as I said earlier the album is not seen in File Station, it is in Finder on my Mac.Are you saying that Synology log showing port mapping must be re added is not relevant?

This message about port mapping might be a symptom of some other problem that has occurred with your network setup, and this other problem (whatever it is) might be causing the problem with iTunes not beng able to write files to the Synology.

I'm sorry that I don't have the necessary expertise to be able to suggest what the root cause of this network problem might be. I've never seen anything like this myself.
23-09-2013, 23:14 (This post was last modified: 23-09-2013 23:15 by DavidHB.)
I see that, on the Linn forums, you have been given advice that the port mapping message almost certainly relates to the external connections of your system to the internet and is probably unconnected with the present issue. I'd tend to agree with that advice. I also think it may be worth trying a systematic complete reboot, as detailed in the advice given to you.

Beyond that, I assume that, when you say that the albums are 'in Finder' on your Mac, you mean that Finder sees them somewhere in the Mac file system and not on the NAS. Can you manually copy them over to the correct location on the Synology? Finder ought to be able to see and open your music folder on the NAS.

If you can copy the files over, you probably have an issue with some iTunes setting that specifies where downloaded and ripped files are saved. As I avoid iTunes like the plague, I am afraid my knowledge, too, ends at that point.

David
24-09-2013, 12:43
Now solved thanks to all.
24-09-2013, 19:24
(24-09-2013 12:43)mors Wrote:  Now solved thanks to all.

Could you briefly describe what you did to solve the problem? This could be useful to others who have a similar problem in the future.
25-09-2013, 10:47
I'm not entirely sure what happened but I think it had something to do with my IMac login and ITunes update.I had to reset Media Folder to NAS.Thanks again.