Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's brainstorm..Setting up MinimServer to feed a USB DAC
28-03-2015, 10:20
RE: Let's brainstorm..Setting up MinimServer to feed a USB DAC
(28-03-2015 02:26)audio_elf Wrote:  Hope this post is acceptible and not a duplicate, but Chris over on Computer Audiophile recently wrote about http://www.computeraudiophile.com/conten...-less-100/

This should work as a renderer for Minimserver.

Thanks for this! I have placed my order for a BBB. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2015, 19:32
Hi All:
I am hoping you guys will have some recommendations for me. My goal is to utilize a RPI2 with relabeled Wolfson card(now called Cirrus Logic) to connect via SPDIF to an Onkyo TX-NR609. I would use BubbleUPnp installed both on RPI2 and a Samsung Note 2, to stream Tidal. I am thinking of installing MinimServer also on the RPI2. The question is would the Minim work as a media player or it would need MPD or something else. I have tried the BubbleUPnp and Kodi and was able to play, but manuvering around Kodi is atleast a nightmare for me as I am planning to run this setup headless.
Thanks in advance,
Ahmed
02-04-2015, 12:10
(01-04-2015 19:32)iq_av Wrote:  Hi All:
I am hoping you guys will have some recommendations for me. My goal is to utilize a RPI2 with relabeled Wolfson card(now called Cirrus Logic) to connect via SPDIF to an Onkyo TX-NR609. I would use BubbleUPnp installed both on RPI2 and a Samsung Note 2, to stream Tidal. I am thinking of installing MinimServer also on the RPI2. The question is would the Minim work as a media player or it would need MPD or something else. I have tried the BubbleUPnp and Kodi and was able to play, but manuvering around Kodi is atleast a nightmare for me as I am planning to run this setup headless.
Thanks in advance,
Ahmed
MinimServer is (as the name suggests) purely the server component. This would run on a separate device (PC or NAS) where the music is stored.

You would need to install a player on the RaspberryPi. Something like Volumio or RuneAudio would be installed on the RaspberryPi and now these operate as OpenHome compliant UPnP renderers.

BubbleUPnP is then the "control point" installed on your Samsung Note 2 tablet. That tells the renderer what to play from the MinimServer.

Eloise
02-04-2015, 15:19
(02-04-2015 12:10)audio_elf Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 19:32)iq_av Wrote:  Hi All:
Thanks in advance,
Ahmed
MinimServer is (as the name suggests) purely the server component. This would run on a separate device (PC or NAS) where the music is stored.
You would need to install a player on the RaspberryPi. Something like Volumio or RuneAudio would be installed on the RaspberryPi and now these operate as OpenHome compliant UPnP renderers.

BubbleUPnP is then the "control point" installed on your Samsung Note 2 tablet. That tells the renderer what to play from the MinimServer.

Eloise
Thank you for the directions. I had reached out to Pete to get some clarifications on MediaPlayer also and started to see if I can use that. I had just seen an update that RuneAudio 0.4 also works with the distribution that I am using, so I would check that next
http://www.element14.com/community/messa...i-2#145480

Ahmed