10-04-2024, 20:57
RE: Content Directory file path issue
… then in contentDir it should be
/Volumes/Archive/Media/Music
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2024, 21:06
(10-04-2024 20:55)simoncn Wrote:  Please try /Volumes/Archive/Media/Music in the contentDir field of Properties > Server and let me know whether this works.

Perfect! Thanks!

I appreciate the assistance!

Dave
10-04-2024, 21:15
Thanks, Dave! I will investigate why drag and drop didn't work.
11-04-2024, 03:50
Thank you Simon for all your help!

And thank you to Stefano for reaching out to help me, as well!
11-04-2024, 10:45 (This post was last modified: 11-04-2024 10:50 by simoncn.)
I have done some experiments with my Intel Mac and a USB-attached hard drive.

If I select Properties from the taskbar minim icon, then use Finder to drag a folder from the USB drive into the contentDir field of the Properties window, the dragged folder sticks there and replaces anything that was previously in the contentDir field. I can then click the OK button to save this change and select Rescan from the taskbar minim icon to rescan the newly added folder. I don't know why this wasn't working for you.

If I select Configure from the taskbar minim icon to open the MinimServer configuration web page, then select the Properties tab, then use Finder to drag a folder from the USB drive into the contentDir field of the Properties tab, the dragged folder sticks there but does not replace the previous value in the contentDir field. Instead, the dropped folder path is inserted into the text that was previously in the contentDir field, producing an incorrect path. To replace the previous value, it is necessary to first delete the previous value and then drag in the new value. After this, I can click the Save button to save this change and then click the Restart button to rescan the newly added folder.

This difference in how a folder drop is handled (replace or insert) is confusing and I will look into changing how the configuration web page handles a folder drop so that it works the same way as the Properties dialog.
11-04-2024, 12:03
Hi Simon!

I appreciate the details and this helps me understand how to manage this better next time.

I like dBpoweramp's server software, but I like yours more. I'm happy that it is now working perfectly on both my of my Mac minis.

And a shout out to you and all dedicated software developers who keep refining their software and supporting us end users down the road. I appreciate that you are in it for the long haul.

Dave