Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minim Licence query
09-04-2024, 16:51
Minim Licence query
Hello Simon,

I’ve recently replaced my old Synology DiskStation with a newer model. I moved the two existing drives from a DS213 into a DS223, switched it on and followed the steps of the DSM software update procedure. During that, I noticed that there was an interaction with Minim World and that a second licence has been activated :-

Device Activated : Synology DS223 (2024-04-04 16:23:07 UTC)
Original activation : Synology DS213v10-j (2020-05-03 15:40:16 UTC)

The now diskless DS213 chassis will be recycled.

Are you above to ‘cancel’ the now defunct DS213 licence? Unfortunately, I didn’t see the paragraph on your MinimWorld page on how to correctly remove a licence before I started my hardware upgrade.Sad

I shall of course be renewing my MinimServer 2 licence when it expires next month.

JohnT
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2024, 17:59
RE: Minim Licence query
On the minimworld.com web page, there is a Contact link that enables you to submit a request for deactivating a license when you are unable to do this from a running MinimServer installation. This enables license-related information to be communicated privately instead of posting it on a public forum. Please use this contact form to provide the email address associated with your license.

There is a description of how to uninstall MinimServer and remove its license activation on a Synology NAS in the Uninstalling MinimServer 2 section. This isn't exactly what you are doing and I will think about what is the best place to describe how to remove the license when moving a drive or drives containing a MinimServer installation from one device to another.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply