Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the difference?
26-03-2024, 20:51 (This post was last modified: 26-03-2024 20:54 by redged.)
Why the difference?
When I select certain artists they show different selections.

One shows the 2 album covers & items folder only (no albums, genre or dates folders).The other shows shows folders - albums, items, genre & date (if I select the album folder it then shows the album covers).

Just wondering if anyone knows the reason for this?

As always thanks for any help in advance and cheers to Simon for Minimserver.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2024, 12:11
RE: Why the difference?
(26-03-2024 20:51)redged Wrote:  When I select certain artists they show different selections.

One shows the 2 album covers & items folder only (no albums, genre or dates folders).The other shows shows folders - albums, items, genre & date (if I select the album folder it then shows the album covers).

This is typically because of MinimServer's Intelligent Browsing. In a nutshell, if there's only one value of Genre/Date for a given index selection, it won't show the Genre/Date index.

The ListViewAlbums setting can also affect browsing consistency as it tells MinimServer when to take you straight to album view.

Having said that, I've never seen a listing like your Shawn Phillips listing. Do you have tracks without album tags?
27-03-2024, 12:43
The Shawn Phillips listing indicates that this artist has two albums named Contribution and Second Contribution with a combined total of 20 tracks. There is no "2 albums" selection because of the small number of albums.
27-03-2024, 13:19
(27-03-2024 12:43)simoncn Wrote:  The Shawn Phillips listing indicates that this artist has two albums named Contribution and Second Contribution with a combined total of 20 tracks. There is no "2 albums" selection because of the small number of albums.
Whoops, I thought it said 90! Not a particularly clear font, at least not when it's zoomed out.
I even went to MusicBrainz to see if those albums contained 90 tracks.
27-03-2024, 16:23
Thanks for your explanations, as now I understand a little bit more.Smile