Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linksys LGS310C managed switch problems
02-03-2024, 10:36 (This post was last modified: 02-03-2024 10:39 by dvdr.)
Linksys LGS310C managed switch problems
Hi
I read through the posts here about Minimserver not being visible with some managed switches. I disabled IMPG snooping on my Linksys LGS310C (which is the default, btw.) to no avail.

Some links in the answers here to possible solutions pointing to the LinkSys and Linn support sites are not working anymore, so I am stuck.

My Minimserver (latest version) runs on a Raspberry Pi. Asset UPnP, running on the same machine, has no discovery problems. I use the Linn App to control my Linn DS streaming client and MConnect player to directly play content on my iPhone and my Mac.

Strange thing: the second I trigger a reboot of the LinkSys (the unit has not even shut down), Minimserver gets discovered in the Linn App and the MConnect player.
Once I do a rescan of Minimserver to update my database with new music, Minimserver will not be discovered anymore once running again. I have to do the reboot-trick of LinkSys, which of course is annoying, as you can imagine.

Any ideas on what to try or how to configure the LinkSys?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2024, 17:53
RE: Linksys LGS310C managed switch problems
What happens if you disable Asset UPnP and reboot the RPi? I am wondering if the router doesn't correctly handle the situation of both these programs running on the same device at the same time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply