Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multidisc and Genre Subtitle tags conflicting
20-08-2023, 11:23
Multidisc and Genre Subtitle tags conflicting
I have a number of SACD's that I have ripped and some of them have stereo and multichannel rips each within their own sub folders.

To distinguish them I am using the Genre Subtitle tag and entering either SACD Stereo or SACD Multichannel.

All other tags used are the same between both the stereo and the multichannel files. This has been working perfectly in that I can select the artist from Album Artist and it will display both versions (stereo and multichannel) of the albums side by side. I can the click on the Genre subtitle tag to separate them.

I have one album however that is a double disc so as well as the genre subtitle tag I have added the Album (disc 1) and Album (disc 2) multidisc tagging against each.

The result after rescanning is that on this one album it merges both the stereo and multichannel files together under album artist. If I click on the genre subtitle and then either SACD Stereo or SACD multichannel tags it will separate the files with the entry >>Complete Album at the top.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2023, 11:46
RE: Multidisc and Genre Subtitle tags conflicting
Up until now each album has only comprised a single disc (has a DiscNumber of 1 or is empty) so MinimServer hasn't attempted to merge across folders to form an album, but this particular album has multiple discs so - given the "normal" file structure is to have one disc per folder - MinimServer merges across folders using AlbumArtist and Album to form an album.

One way to prevent this is to use match filters as described at the bottom of the 'Albums and folders' section.
20-08-2023, 12:10
RE: Multidisc and Genre Subtitle tags conflicting
(20-08-2023 11:46)simbun Wrote:  Up until now each album has only comprised a single disc (has a DiscNumber of 1 or is empty) so MinimServer hasn't attempted to merge across folders to form an album, but this particular album has multiple discs so - given the "normal" file structure is to have one disc per folder - MinimServer merges across folders using AlbumArtist and Album to form an album.

One way to prevent this is to use match filters as described at the bottom of the 'Albums and folders' section.

That worked. Thanks a lot.