Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer and Kinsky
28-06-2013, 11:22
MinimServer and Kinsky
hi

I just yesterday installed MinimServer on my Synology 212j, which worked great. It looks very promising, looking very much forward to cleaning up my tags now that I know that it is worth it ! (using it with a Linn Majik)

I do however have problems with Kinsky since I started using MinimS - lets say it behaves very strange. This does not affect the library window, Minimserver shows up I can browse around, everything great - but pretty much all the rest is reacting weird ... here are a couple of observations:

- sometimes the majik does not show up, play button is grayed out, no playlist. Sometimes it comes up after 15/20 minutes
- sometimes i choose an album from the library to put it on the playlist, it does however not show up. If i switch back and forth between radio and playlist the tracks are there
- and other similar problems

Can anybody help me figure out how to resolve this?

thanks, Kalle
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2013, 11:41
RE: MinimServer and Kinsky
(28-06-2013 11:22)kkg2104 Wrote:  hi

I just yesterday installed MinimServer on my Synology 212j, which worked great. It looks very promising, looking very much forward to cleaning up my tags now that I know that it is worth it ! (using it with a Linn Majik)

I do however have problems with Kinsky since I started using MinimS - lets say it behaves very strange. This does not affect the library window, Minimserver shows up I can browse around, everything great - but pretty much all the rest is reacting weird ... here are a couple of observations:

- sometimes the majik does not show up, play button is grayed out, no playlist. Sometimes it comes up after 15/20 minutes
- sometimes i choose an album from the library to put it on the playlist, it does however not show up. If i switch back and forth between radio and playlist the tracks are there
- and other similar problems

Can anybody help me figure out how to resolve this?

thanks, Kalle

Some possible explanations for this:

1) It might be caused by a conflict between MinimServer and some other server software that is running on the NAS. There are known problems when running Twonky 5.x and MinimServer on the same NAS (fixed in Twonky 6.x). Do you have any other audio server running on the 212j?

2) This might be a problem with Kinsky or with the firmware in the Majik. I recall reading about some discovery issues with a recent beta firmware release. For help with this, I suggest you post to the Linn forum describing the problem and giving details of your Kinsky version (and which platform) as well as the firmware level in the Majik.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply