Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Force artist index values
06-01-2023, 10:17
Force artist index values
Hello

I'm using a full license.

I would like to have the Artist tag to only contains a concatenation of other tag, like soloist, composer, orchestra, etc. and completely ignore the actual artist tag in my files.

I am able to do that using the tagFormat setting, with :
Artist.displayFormat={$composer$soloist$orchestra$conductor^^^ / }

This works on some of the displays on the renderer (I tried Lumin and BubbleUPNP).
But browsing to the Artist tag (or listing the Albums or Group), I still see the original Artist tag of my file...

I tried the "Artist.indexFormat" approach, but it seems that it doesn't do anything...
What am I missing ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2023, 11:02
RE: Force artist index values
Artist.indexFormat is working for me. Bear in mind that the Artist index can also contain AlbumArtist tags and you might be seeing these.
06-01-2023, 11:16
(06-01-2023 11:02)simoncn Wrote:  Artist.indexFormat is working for me. Bear in mind that the Artist index can also contain AlbumArtist tags and you might be seeing these.

Okay... in your case, are the Artist or AlbumArtist listed in the indexTags or itemTags settings ?
06-01-2023, 11:26
I have Artist listed in indexTags (required in order to show the Artist index). It doesn't make any difference whether or not AlbumArtist is in indexTags.

Do you have AlbumArtist tags in your files? If so, do you want to see them in an AlbumArtist index?
06-01-2023, 11:37
(06-01-2023 11:26)simoncn Wrote:  I have Artist listed in indexTags (required in order to show the Artist index). It doesn't make any difference whether or not AlbumArtist is in indexTags.

Do you have AlbumArtist tags in your files? If so, do you want to see them in an AlbumArtist index?

Yes, AlbumArtist tag are in my files, and no, I'd rather ignore them completely...
06-01-2023, 12:00
I can't get Artist.indexTag to work.

Here's my full config (expunged for readability):
Code:
minimserver.previousAlbumArtistDisplayRole=true
.logLevel = verbose
minimserver.lastIndexTags = Artist, Date, Genre, All Artists, Composer
minimserver.displayName = Classical
.licenseType = full
minimserver.activeProfile = default
minimserver.indexTags = Date, Soloist, Composer, Orchestra, Conductor, Work, Artist, Genre
minimserver.itemTags = \#AudioQuality, \#AudioChannels, Album
minimserver.tagFormat = Artist.indexFormat\={$composer$soloist$orchestra$conductor^^^ / },group.displayFormat\={$group^^^$\#AudioQuality$\#AudioChannels^ [^Ch.]^, }, album.displayFormat\={$album^^^$\#AudioQuality$\#AudioChannels^ [^Ch.]^, }
minimserver.tagOptions = Album.sortTags\={Composer, Artist, Date, Album},  Composer.reverseName.display, Conductor.reverseName.display, Soloist.reverseName.display, Date.yearOnly.*
minimserver.listViewAlbums = 1
minimserver.serverOptions = indexArtwork\=all

P.S. : I see now the setting "minimserver.previousAlbumArtistDisplayRole=true" what does it do ? It seems it can't be changed in either the web interface or minimWatch...
06-01-2023, 12:16
To ignore AlbumArtist tags completely, set the aliasTags property to AlbumArtist:nil. This should enable you to see Artist.indexFormat values in the Artist index.

The previousAlbumArtistDisplayRole setting is an internal MinimServer property that was used by MinimServer 0.8 and is no longer used by MinimServer 2. Your post is a timely reminder for me to tidy up the .properties file by removing this setting.
06-01-2023, 14:33
Great, that worked : Artist.indexTag is now working as expected (I think).

I understand now how the displayTag indexTag are working, and what the renderer App is showing...
For instance, Lumin is showing the AlbumArtist as a subtext whenever an album list is displayed... Even though I have AlbumArtist:nil as you suggested !
But I can force that subtext to behave with a AlbumArtist.displayTag.

So, all is good (for now), thank you Simon !
(As for for tidying, I feel you, I'm working in IT...)
06-01-2023, 19:48
The setting AlbumArtist:nil means that MinimServer will not read any AlbumArtist tags from your files. It sound like the LUMIN app is using previously cached AlbumArtist information from before you added the AlbumArtist:nil setting. If you reload your MinimServer library into the LUMIN app, you should no longer see AlbumArtist information there.