Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPnP Search
19-09-2013, 21:14
RE: UPnP Search
(03-08-2013 07:33)simoncn Wrote:  I'm working on adding support for UPnP Search to MinimServer. Because different control points send UPnP search queries in different formats, I'd like to test this support with as wide a range of control points as possible. So far, the only control points I have found that can send UPnP search queries are BubbleDS, BubbleUPnP and PlugPlayer. Are there any other control points that can send UPnP search queries?

The Denon Remote App for Android allows to browse UPnP Servers and provides a search field, so i suppose it supports UPnP search.

It should be usable with any UPnP renderer, not only with Denon devices. However, i would not want to recommend to use this control point on a regular basis. It seems to be quite buggy and it changes the sort order for lists returned by the server. This is quite a nogo in my view Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2013, 21:54
(19-09-2013 21:14)winxi Wrote:  The Denon Remote App for Android allows to browse UPnP Servers and provides a search field, so i suppose it supports UPnP search.

It should be usable with any UPnP renderer, not only with Denon devices. However, i would not want to recommend to use this control point on a regular basis. It seems to be quite buggy and it changes the sort order for lists returned by the server. This is quite a nogo in my view Undecided

Thanks for the pointer! A quick test of the search facility resulted in a NullPointerException from my development version of MinimServer. I'll do some investigation into what's causing this.
19-09-2013, 23:56
(19-09-2013 21:54)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for the pointer! A quick test of the search facility resulted in a NullPointerException from my development version of MinimServer. I'll do some investigation into what's causing this.

I've found and fixed a couple of small bugs, and my test search query from the Denon Remote App is working now. Many thanks!
08-10-2013, 15:05
i would like to test MinimServer with UPNP-search...
Where do i get a version with UPNP-search?
08-10-2013, 16:38
(03-08-2013 07:33)simoncn Wrote:  I'm working on adding support for UPnP Search to MinimServer. Because different control points send UPnP search queries in different formats, I'd like to test this support with as wide a range of control points as possible. So far, the only control points I have found that can send UPnP search queries are BubbleDS, BubbleUPnP and PlugPlayer. Are there any other control points that can send UPnP search queries?

Note 1: JRiver and WMP send UPnP search queries for loading the complete contents of the library on startup, but I don't think they send any UPnP search queries after that.

Note 2: Kinsky, ChorusDS and Songbook Lite have a search field, but this performs a local search within the control point instead of sending a UPnP search query to the server.

Simon,
I use Naim's n-Stream. I have no idea what a UPnP search query is but I am willing to check for you. There is certainly a search field which does filter down on input.
08-10-2013, 17:17
(08-10-2013 15:05)FreedomRunner Wrote:  i would like to test MinimServer with UPNP-search...
Where do i get a version with UPNP-search?

This isn't available yet. I'm working hard on the next release, which will contain this search capability along with other new features.
08-10-2013, 17:20
(08-10-2013 16:38)The Pied Piper Wrote:  [quote='simoncn' pid='4206' dateline='1375511610']
Simon,
I use Naim's n-Stream. I have no idea what a UPnP search query is but I am willing to check for you. There is certainly a search field which does filter down on input.

From a quick web search, it seems unlikely that n-stream supports UPnP Search. The search field is probably doing a local search on the data that was returned by a UPnP Browse request.