Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Input type filters - bitrate
20-09-2022, 21:12
Input type filters - bitrate
I am experiencing somewhat frequent drop-outs/interruptions when streaming music from a NAS to smart speaker using MinimServer over wifi. I would like to see if reducing the bitrate of streams helps the problem. (A lot of the music collection is mp3s at 320 kbps). I read the section on input type filters here:

https://minimstreamer.com/userguide.html...%20filters

but still do not understand WHERE I should enter a filter such as:

mp3(256k)

I'm sure I'm just missing it up I'm a bit lost. I also see that in my MinimServer properties window, many of the fields are greyed out (including serverOptions).

I'm running MinimServer 2.1.2-2102
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2022, 21:32
RE: Input type filters - bitrate
To use MinimStreamer transcoding, you need to activate a full license or the 30-day free trial. When you do this, all properties will be enabled. Also, you need to install the MinimStreamer package.

To transcode all 320 kbps MP3 files to 128 kbps streams (for example), you should enter

mp3(320k):mp3;128k

in the stream.transcode field. To see this field, MinimStreamer needs to be installed and running.

Transcoding will add overhead in server processing. What NAS do you have? If it is not very powerful, enabling transcoding might make things worse rather than better.
20-09-2022, 21:38
thanks very much. I already have a full license which I have activated, which I have just confirmed at the configuration page.
20-09-2022, 21:41
also, the NAS is a synology DS218j
20-09-2022, 21:45
(20-09-2022 21:38)todvangunten Wrote:  thanks very much. I already have a full license which I have activated, which I have just confirmed at the configuration page.
Have installed minimStreamer package and now see all the options available
21-09-2022, 09:40
The DS218j should be powerful enough to do this transcoding with no problems.