Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Def Tape Transfer dsd ( dff)
19-06-2013, 02:53
High Def Tape Transfer dsd ( dff)
Simon..i downloaded one of the new dsd dff albums tonight...they just started today...from High Def Tape Transfers...and i see the download in my download files but cannot get it to populate my minim. when i put my mac curser to the minim icon it turns 'blue'...i did not see an entry in the instructions for what a 'blue' icon means...do i have 2 problems or just one..?..i have downloaded 2 other dsd dff albums from Channel Classics and they populate my Kinsky 'untagged' folder and play great through my Lumin player..HELP...thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2013, 09:07 (This post was last modified: 20-06-2013 10:49 by simoncn.)
RE: High Def Tape Transfer dsd ( dff)
(19-06-2013 02:53)calloway Wrote:  Simon..i downloaded one of the new dsd dff albums tonight...they just started today...from High Def Tape Transfers...and i see the download in my download files but cannot get it to populate my minim. when i put my mac curser to the minim icon it turns 'blue'...i did not see an entry in the instructions for what a 'blue' icon means...do i have 2 problems or just one..?..i have downloaded 2 other dsd dff albums from Channel Classics and they populate my Kinsky 'untagged' folder and play great through my Lumin player..HELP...thanks

Did you download the album as DSD64 or DSD128? MinimServer supports DSD64 but doesn't currently support DSD128.

Edit: MinimServer does support DSD128 for direct playback, but is currently limited to DSD64 for DoP/WAV transcoding. Apologies for the confusion.

On Mac OS X only, the MinimServer icon turns blue when you click on it. At the same time, it should display the pop-up menu. If the icon turns blue but doesn't display the pop-up menu, MinimServer is probably hung.

There may be some relevant information in the minimserver.log file in the folder

/Users/<your-user-name>/Library/MinimServer

The Library folder is hidden by the Finder, so you need to select 'Go to Folder...' from the Finder 'Go' pulldown and type the folder path there. Please attach the minimserver.log file to a post here.
19-06-2013, 13:01
(19-06-2013 09:07)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-06-2013 02:53)calloway Wrote:  Simon..i downloaded one of the new dsd dff albums tonight...they just started today...from High Def Tape Transfers...and i see the download in my download files but cannot get it to populate my minim. when i put my mac curser to the minim icon it turns 'blue'...i did not see an entry in the instructions for what a 'blue' icon means...do i have 2 problems or just one..?..i have downloaded 2 other dsd dff albums from Channel Classics and they populate my Kinsky 'untagged' folder and play great through my Lumin player..HELP...thanks

Did you download the album as DSD64 or DSD128? MinimServer supports DSD64 but doesn't currently support DSD128.

On Mac OS X only, the MinimServer icon turns blue when you click on it. At the same time, it should display the pop-up menu. If the icon turns blue but doesn't display the pop-up menu, MinimServer is probably hung.

There may be some relevant information in the minimserver.log file in the folder

/Users/<your-user-name>/Library/MinimServer

The Library folder is hidden by the Finder, so you need to select 'Go to Folder...' from the Finder 'Go' pulldown and type the folder path there. Please attach the minimserver.log file to a post here.

Simon..i did download it as a '128'..i will go back tonight and download it as a '64'..thanks..
20-06-2013, 01:43
simon..i did download the '64' version early this afternoon and it only created a 'document' not a folder. the 128 folder is still there..is that the reason it won't create the folder of the '64' download...?..dave
20-06-2013, 07:19
(20-06-2013 01:43)calloway Wrote:  simon..i did download the '64' version early this afternoon and it only created a 'document' not a folder. the 128 folder is still there..is that the reason it won't create the folder of the '64' download...?..dave

I tried downloading a sample DSD 128 file from this page. It worked OK in MinimServer (using foobar2000 as the player), so I don't think the problem is caused by DSD 128. Perhaps there is something else about the downloaded DSD 128 file that is causing the problem. If you're still getting the same "blue icon" problem with the DSD 128 file, please locate the minimserver.log file as described in my previous post and attach it to a post here. You should do this while the blue icon is still on the screen.

I don't know how the High Def Tape Transfers downloader works. You would need to contact High Def Tape Transfers for help with that.
23-06-2013, 17:27
(20-06-2013 07:19)simoncn Wrote:  
(20-06-2013 01:43)calloway Wrote:  simon..i did download the '64' version early this afternoon and it only created a 'document' not a folder. the 128 folder is still there..is that the reason it won't create the folder of the '64' download...?..dave

I tried downloading a sample DSD 128 file from this page. It worked OK in MinimServer (using foobar2000 as the player), so I don't think the problem is caused by DSD 128. Perhaps there is something else about the downloaded DSD 128 file that is causing the problem. If you're still getting the same "blue icon" problem with the DSD 128 file, please locate the minimserver.log file as described in my previous post and attach it to a post here. You should do this while the blue icon is still on the screen.

I don't know how the High Def Tape Transfers downloader works. You would need to contact High Def Tape Transfers for help with that.
Simon...i have downloaded the 'High-Def ' dsd dff abum in zip form. how do i get it from that form so that when i hit 'restart' in the dropdown box it populates the Kinsky app..?..
23-06-2013, 20:40 (This post was last modified: 23-06-2013 20:53 by simoncn.)
(23-06-2013 17:27)calloway Wrote:  Simon...i have downloaded the 'High-Def ' dsd dff abum in zip form. how do i get it from that form so that when i hit 'restart' in the dropdown box it populates the Kinsky app..?..

If this .zip file contains a single .dff file, double-clicking the .zip file will extract the .dff file to the same folder as the .zip file.

If the .zip file contains multiple items, double-clicking it will create a folder containing these items. See this page for more details.
23-06-2013, 20:47
(19-06-2013 02:53)calloway Wrote:  when i put my mac curser to the minim icon it turns 'blue'...

I've recently experienced the same "blue icon" problem after installing the "Java for OS X 2013-004" update that recently became available in Mac OS X Software Update.

See this post for details of how to fix this problem by downloading and manually installing the fixed xM4509 version of this Java update.
23-06-2013, 22:47
(23-06-2013 20:47)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-06-2013 02:53)calloway Wrote:  when i put my mac curser to the minim icon it turns 'blue'...

I've recently experienced the same "blue icon" problem after installing the "Java for OS X 2013-004" update that recently became available in Mac OS X Software Update.

See this post for details of how to fix this problem by downloading and manually installing the fixed xM4509 version of this Java update.
Simon...i did the Java repair but the icon is still 'blue'...does that affect the function ..?...if so..what now..?
23-06-2013, 22:57 (This post was last modified: 23-06-2013 22:58 by simoncn.)
(23-06-2013 22:47)calloway Wrote:  Simon...i did the Java repair but the icon is still 'blue'...does that affect the function ..?...if so..what now..?

When you click the icon, do you see a pop-up menu with selections like Stop, Restart, etc.? If so, the icon is working correctly.

Before I repaired Java on my Mac, the icon changed to blue when I clicked on it, and it did not show the pop-up menu. I thought you were having this problem, but I might have misunderstood your original post. After doing the Java repair, clicking on the icon changes it to blue and also shows the pop-up menu.