Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Index Artwork
19-02-2023, 15:27 (This post was last modified: 19-02-2023 15:30 by Peter StreamMagic.)
RE: Index Artwork
the "problem" appears to be that [unknown] and [none of above] are only used if they're located in the root of the indexArtwork folder and not in any of the index subfolders e.g. If I place '[unknown].png' under my 'Accolades' folder, whilst the other artwork under that folder is used '[unknown].png' is not.

I guess these are sort of MinimServer constants, so if they need to reside in the root folder that's fine, I'll just make a note of it this end so I don't forget in future.

A while ago I was experimenting with indexArtwork trying to achieve the following:

Adding a special icon for [unknown] Composer in indexArtwork folder "Composer"    

Expecting to see something like this:    

Instead the result is this:    

The "general" [unknown] icon (not located in a sub-folder) is shown.
Not a big deal, so I forgot all about this, your thread just made me remember.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2023, 16:05
This was an intentional decision and also applies to other "constants" such as A, B, C, etc. in alpha-grouped containers (the A image under Composer can't be different from the A image under Artist). Subfolder lookup is only used for index entries for values of tags that appear in indexTags.
19-02-2023, 17:07
Thanks for the confirmation.
09-03-2023, 13:19
(31-01-2023 16:08)simoncn Wrote:  I think it would make sense to add a lookup for an .jpg or .png file whose filename exactly matches the folder name. This would be the first lookup, before the lookup for folder.jpg, folder.png, cover.jpg and cover.png. I will add this to the list of requested enhancements to be implemented in a future MinimServer update.

This is now supported in MinimServer update 239.
12-03-2023, 19:06 (This post was last modified: 12-03-2023 21:55 by Peter StreamMagic.)
(09-03-2023 13:19)simoncn Wrote:  
(31-01-2023 16:08)simoncn Wrote:  I think it would make sense to add a lookup for an .jpg or .png file whose filename exactly matches the folder name. This would be the first lookup, before the lookup for folder.jpg, folder.png, cover.jpg and cover.png. I will add this to the list of requested enhancements to be implemented in a future MinimServer update.

This is now supported in MinimServer update 239.

If indexArtwork is set to all, MinimServer searches for artwork within the indexartwork folder.
If no artwork is present, it selects albumart (first one alphabetically).
This also works for folder view, correct?
I would expect artwork matching the filename to show up in folder view but seems not to be the case, instead no artwork is shown.

Edit: I also have tried this with filename "Tinician (24-96)",the exact album filename ,artwork is shown in this case.

13-03-2023, 10:50
If you place a file named 9Bach.jpg into the 9Bach folder, then do a MinimServer rescan and reload the MinimServer library into your control point, the 9Bach.jpg image should be shown in [folder view] for the 9Bach folder. This image should be shown in preference to artwork provided by indexArtwork=folder or indexArtwork=auto.

After adding the 9Bach.jpg file to the 9Bach folder, did you do a MinimServer rescan and reload the MinimServer library into your control point?

For the second screenshot (with the correct image shown), was the Tinician (24-96).jpg file in the 9Bach folder or in the Tinician (24-96) folder?
13-03-2023, 22:53
Did you do a MinimServer rescan and reload the MinimServer library into your control point?
Yes
For the second screenshot (with the correct image shown), was the Tinician (24-96).jpg file in the 9Bach folder or in the Tinician (24-96) folder?
It was in the Tinician (24-96) folder.
Just tested, the Anian album is shown when the 9Bach.jpg is "deactivated",the Tinician album doesn't show up when using the Tinician (24-96).jpg

I remember, when starting with indexArtwork I had to specify the location of the indexArtwork folder (artworkFolder=Multimedia (NAS)/indexArtwork) does this influence artwork behaviour?
15-03-2023, 18:53
I have found the cause of this problem and it is fixed in MinimServer update 240. Thanks for letting me know about this.
17-03-2023, 19:25
(15-03-2023 18:53)simoncn Wrote:  I have found the cause of this problem and it is fixed in MinimServer update 240. Thanks for letting me know about this.
Now works like expected, thanks Smile