Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Index Artwork
20-12-2022, 11:43
RE: Index Artwork
(20-12-2022 10:41)DavidHB Wrote:  So, in my use case, I would use the folder Path indexArtwork/indexTags/ComposerSort. Is that correct? I know I could try it myself, but I am conscious that you are doing investigations of your own, which may affect things.

This was a suggestion for a possible future change in MinimServer. It is not supported at present, so please don't spend any time trying it.

If this were to be implemented in future, it would use Composer rather than ComposerSort.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2022, 12:01
(20-12-2022 11:43)simoncn Wrote:  This was a suggestion for a possible future change in MinimServer. It is not supported at present, so please don't spend any time trying it.

If this were to be implemented in future, it would use Composer rather than ComposerSort.

Thanks, Simon. I probably need to make haste slowly in generating composer images ...

David
20-12-2022, 12:02
(20-12-2022 10:41)DavidHB Wrote:  When you are surprised, I think that it is always a good idea to go back and check for errors on my part Smile. This I have noe done, and can definitely confirm that the 'natural' format does not work on my system, but the 'name reversed' format, from ComposerSort, does work.

Please post your settings for indexTags, itemTags, tagOptions and tagValue. It is possible that what you are seeing might be related to these settings.
20-12-2022, 14:11 (This post was last modified: 20-12-2022 14:15 by DavidHB.)
(20-12-2022 12:02)simoncn Wrote:  Please post your settings for indexTags, itemTags, tagOptions and tagValue. It is possible that what you are seeing might be related to these settings.

indexTags=ClassicalGenre=Classical:Classical library, Genre, ComposerSort:Composer, Composition, Artist, AlbumArtist, All Artists, Conductor, Orchestra, Soloist,Date

itemTags=Composer,TitleSort,CompositionSort

tagOptions=Album.sortTags={Genre,ComposerSort,Album},all.ignore.sort={The,A,An,D​er,Die,Das,Ein,Eine,Le,La,Les,Un,Une,Il,El}

tagValue=Title.value.sort={TitleSort},Composition.value.sort={CompositionSort}

I hope these help. Is it relevant that Composer is not an indexed tag?

David
20-12-2022, 16:13
(20-12-2022 14:11)DavidHB Wrote:  indexTags=ClassicalGenre=Classical:Classical library, Genre, ComposerSort:Composer, Composition, Artist, AlbumArtist, All Artists, Conductor, Orchestra, Soloist,Date

itemTags=Composer,TitleSort,CompositionSort

tagOptions=Album.sortTags={Genre,ComposerSort,Album},all.ignore.sort={The,A,An,D​er,Die,Das,Ein,Eine,Le,La,Les,Un,Une,Il,El}

tagValue=Title.value.sort={TitleSort},Composition.value.sort={CompositionSort}

I hope these help. Is it relevant that Composer is not an indexed tag?

David

Yes, this is the reason for what you are seeing. Your indexed tag is ComposerSort and this is why you need to use the ComposerSort value for the image filename.

It looks like you are not using Composer tags at all. You have Composer in itemTags but this is apparently not used anywhere. You might be using it in tagFormat but this would not affect index artwork.

The normal way to associate Composer with ComposerSort is to have Composer in indexTags, ComposerSort in itemTags and Composer.value.sort={ComposerSort} in tagValue (see this section). If you want the sort value (Bach, Johann Sebastian) to appear in your Composer index, you can use Composer.value.index.sort={ComposerSort} instead of Composer.value.sort={ComposerSort}.
20-12-2022, 19:58
(20-12-2022 16:13)simoncn Wrote:  Yes, this is the reason for what you are seeing. Your indexed tag is ComposerSort and this is why you need to use the ComposerSort value for the image filename.

So the rule, which might be stated explicitly in the User Guide, is that the artwork filename should be the same as the value of the associated indexed tag? Presumably, in the scheme you are considering, folder names would be the same as their indexed tag names. In my example, composer related artwork would reside in a folder called ComposerSort.

(20-12-2022 16:13)simoncn Wrote:  It looks like you are not using Composer tags at all. You have Composer in itemTags but this is apparently not used anywhere. You might be using it in tagFormat but this would not affect index artwork.

I have

tagFormat=ComposerSort.displayFormat={$composer},Title.displayFormat={$composer$​title^^^: }

I think that this completes the picture of what I do.

(20-12-2022 16:13)simoncn Wrote:  The normal way to associate Composer with ComposerSort is to have Composer in indexTags, ComposerSort in itemTags and Composer.value.sort={ComposerSort} in tagValue (see this section). If you want the sort value (Bach, Johann Sebastian) to appear in your Composer index, you can use Composer.value.index.sort={ComposerSort} instead of Composer.value.sort={ComposerSort}.

I don't know exactly how I came to do what I did (I have been using this scheme for composer-related tags for eight or nine years), but it is unlikely that my small bear brain put it all together without some guidance. Is it possible that I set up my scheme before tagValue offered its current range of options?

My scheme works for me (unless you decide to deprecate it for some reason), and I tend to work on the basis that you don't fix things that aren't broken. But I can see how the normal arrangement is a better way of doing things for people who are starting from scratch.

David
20-12-2022, 20:24 (This post was last modified: 20-12-2022 20:29 by DavidHB.)
Alongside the previous discussion, I also spent some time getting a page of bespoke artwork as fully populated as I needed it to be. The image below can be compared with its counterpart using default imagery, which is the fourth image attached to post #6. As before, the control point used for the screenshot is Kazoo on Windows. In the new arrangement, composers who interest me less for whatever reason have been left without bespoke artwork by design.

David

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

21-12-2022, 13:55
(19-12-2022 16:03)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  
(18-12-2022 22:54)simoncn Wrote:  Having thought about this, I think there is a solution that satisfies both requirements. The new feature for indexTags customization (Label, Artist, etc.) could search folders underneath an indexTags subfolder (for example, indexArtwork/indexTags/Label/BIS.jpg). This would enable the user to create other other folders under the indexArtwork folder to organise their artwork files.

My IndexArtwork folder was getting rather big and therefore a bit muddled.
I now have sub-Folders for Composer,Conductor, Orchestra and Genre (starting with Genre, puzzling which pictures (style) to add), things look much better organized now.
In addition to this I also tried to make separate folders for Artist and AlbumArtist.
If indexed I can see Album Artist and All Artists in my controlpoint but all artwork has disappeared in Artist. There must be a simple explanation for this behaviour?
21-12-2022, 15:28
Did you put your artist images in both the Artist and AlbumArtist folders (duplicate files) or just in one or the other?

Also, please post your indexTags setting.
21-12-2022, 15:59
(21-12-2022 15:28)simoncn Wrote:  Did you put your artist images in both the Artist and AlbumArtist folders (duplicate files) or just in one or the other?

Also, please post your indexTags setting.

Yes, there are duplicated files (some are specific e.g. "Ton Koopman" album artist / "Ton Koopman [organ]"artist).
Only the artists not yet added to either AlbumArtist, Artist or both show up in Artist all others show up in All Artists.

I have tried: Artist, Date, Genre, AlbumArtist, Composer, Conductor, Orchestra, #AudioData:Audio Data, *RecentAdded, *RecentPlayed

Artist, Date, Genre, All Artists, Composer, Conductor, Orchestra, #AudioData:Audio Data, *RecentAdded, *RecentPlayed

Artist, Date, Genre,All Artists, AlbumArtist, Composer, Conductor, Orchestra, #AudioData:Audio Data, *RecentAdded, *RecentPlayed