Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding track number to title
26-05-2013, 07:36
Adding track number to title
I like to add the tracknumber to to title so the tracknumber is displayed as a prefix to the title in "now playing", in "playlist". and in all search results.

I tried adding the following to the tagFormat property (I want to have a space as separator between the track number and the title), but it doesn't work:
Title.displayFormat={$tracknumber$title^^^ }

What am I doing wrong?

tnx in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2013, 07:51 (This post was last modified: 26-05-2013 07:54 by simoncn.)
RE: Adding track number to title
(26-05-2013 07:36)Zee Wrote:  I like to add the tracknumber to to title so the tracknumber is displayed as a prefix to the title in "now playing", in "playlist". and in all search results.

I tried adding the following to the tagFormat property (I want to have a space as separator between the track number and the title), but it doesn't work:
Title.displayFormat={$tracknumber$title^^^ }

What am I doing wrong?

tnx in advance!

There are two problems:

1) Using $tracknumber in a displayFormat string doesn't work in 0.72. It will be supported in the next release.

2) You need to change the format setting to the following:

Title.displayFormat={$tracknumber^^ ^$title}

This adds a space suffix to the $tracknumber value (if present) and appends the $title value (if present).

The separator is used if there are multiple values of the same type, such as multiple artists. For combining values of different types, you need to use a prefix or suffix instead of a separator.
26-05-2013, 07:54
RE: Adding track number to title
Clear answer Simon. Looking forward to the next release! ;-)