Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating Groups
06-05-2013, 18:41
Creating Groups
[attachment=179]Simon,

I cannot consistently create groups. As an example in the appended Mp3Tag and Kinsky screen shots, Disc 2 tracks were grouped in Kinsky while Disc 3 tracks were not.[attachment=180]

Any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2013, 19:39
RE: Creating Groups
(06-05-2013 18:41)jolivetj Wrote:  Simon,

I cannot consistently create groups. As an example in the appended Mp3Tag and Kinsky screen shots, Disc 2 tracks were grouped in Kinsky while Disc 3 tracks were not.

Any suggestions?

You are trying to group track 18 from disc 2 with tracks 1 and 2 from disc 3. This is not allowed, and MinimServer displays a warning message in the log about this. This will also prevent later tracks of the same album from being grouped.

If you want to group tracks from multiple discs of an album, you need to merge all the discs of the album by removing [disc n] or (disc n) from the Album tags for this album.
07-05-2013, 22:37
RE: Creating Groups
(06-05-2013 19:39)simoncn Wrote:  You are trying to group track 18 from disc 2 with tracks 1 and 2 from disc 3. This is not allowed, and MinimServer displays a warning message in the log about this. This will also prevent later tracks of the same album from being grouped.

I have fixed the problem with a warning message for a group preventing later tracks in the same album from being grouped. With the fix, a group with a warning message will be ignored (as at present), but other tracks in the same album will be grouped correctly. This fix will be available in the next MinimServer release.