Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to MinimServer
01-05-2013, 19:01
New to MinimServer
I have been streaming music through a Linn Klimax DS (now DS/1) for 3 or 4 years now, with my ripped cds (about 3000) and downloads (about 500 I guess) on a QNAP 269Pro NAS with the dreaded Twonky. I have a MacbookPro and an Ipad, and use Kinsky and ChorusDSHD to control what I play. I get lots of satisfaction from it, but there are some niggles.

I have decided that I need to get away from Twonky and move to MinimServer: I am currently in the process of working out exactly how I do that without catastrophically messing up my existing system. About 50% of my music is classical, 30% rock/pop (I was a teenager in the '60s and have played in bands ever since) 20% is jazz. I use Mp3Tag and ImageConverter Plus as additional software to help me organise and tag properly the collection, and dBPoweramp to rip my cds. I am running Parallels on my MacBook. As far as organising my collection is concerned, it has "just growed", and I probably need to spend some time restructuring the files to obtain greater consistency.

I have registered today to the MinimServer forum. If any of you have gone through the same process that I am starting, I would be pleased to have your advice.

Gonzalez
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2013, 19:40
RE: New to MinimServer
If it has worked with Twonky, it will work with MinimServer too without having to make any changes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply