Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sort by Filename
16-05-2013, 22:01
RE: Sort by Filename
(16-05-2013 21:16)Oliviander Wrote:  hi
I just read along the thread, as I recognized some of my own experiences.

As everything worked out I have nothing more to say than that
the

Tag:nil
alias necessity

to supress the original tag
should really be mentioned in the manual.

It took my some hours to figure this out a few weeks ago.
And though it is quite logical if you got it,
and therefore should be kept that way,
it is not that obvious in the first place.

But great that everything worked out,
I for myself am now really happy with MinS

Oliviander,

What else can I say but: better late than never.
On a more serious note: I had not found this in the manual either. So there is room for improvement indeed. I assume you have a large classical collection as well? Heart

Regrards, Hans
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2013, 22:38
(16-05-2013 19:24)hvaleton Wrote:  As I already said somewehere else in this thread, I only use the Linn for serious, classical listening, and then of course there are no such silly upper limits. I assume that MinimServer will not suddenly crash at 200,000 files? Big Grin I would be VERY surprised if it did. From what I found out while doing my recent tests, MinimServer is a very smooth and fast tool. Congratulations on that! Exclamation

At some point, you would run out of Java heap space and you would need to increase this. The point at which this happens will depend on how your files are tagged and which JVM you are using. One user has increased the heap size and is successfully running MinimServer with over 500,000 files.

MinimServer does have a limit of 65000 folders (not files), and you won't be able to exceed this. Only folders that contain audio files are counted in this limit.

Quote:You have just made my day! Smile
It just took the alias Album:nil to make it all work out as I wanted it to. Great! Thanks ever so much!
And the problem you suggested might arise for Sonos is simply neither here nor there because of ... (see my explanation/novella on Sonos above)

Thanks for the very detailed explanation! It is very helpful, and I now understand why you have your files tagged as you do,

I think you might find that putting Album:Group in aliasTags will give you what you want. The Sonos will read these Tags as Album, and MinimServer will read them as Group. If you do this, you shouldn't need to alias anything to nil.

Another thought is that MinimServer can read .m3u files if you include them in the MinimServer content directories, so you might be able to use your .m3u files as playlists in MinimServer to play complete CDs in the right order. For this to work in MinimServer, you would need to convert the UNC paths in your .m3u files to relative paths. Is the Sonos able to handle .m3u files with relative paths?

Quote:I will now go and open a bottle of wine and continue my tests. Cool

And did I already mention how much I like the grouping functionality? I do. A lot!
Thanks!

Regards, Hans

You're very welcome! Smile
16-05-2013, 23:00
(16-05-2013 21:16)Oliviander Wrote:  hi
I just read along the thread, as I recognized some of my own experiences.

As everything worked out I have nothing more to say than that
the

Tag:nil
alias necessity

to supress the original tag
should really be mentioned in the manual.

It took my some hours to figure this out a few weeks ago.
And though it is quite logical if you got it,
and therefore should be kept that way,
it is not that obvious in the first place.

But great that everything worked out,
I for myself am now really happy with MinS

I've now updated this section of the manual to explain this.