Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music Missing
10-12-2020, 00:03
RE: Music Missing
In index Tags field values where doubled. Setting on the Melco were upgraded from Minimserver running for a few years now, Synology is a new install from Minimserver2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2020, 00:08
(09-12-2020 23:53)simoncn Wrote:  What is the filetype of these files (for example, .flac, .wav, .mp3, etc.)?

.flac files running nicely sometime now on the Melco, Synology is new, installed last month
10-12-2020, 08:54
It sounds like there might be some difference between the files on the Melco and the files on the Synology. How did you copy the files from the Melco to the Synology? Please post a screenshot from Synology File Station showing the folder on the Synology containing the copied files.
10-12-2020, 23:37
You say it, I don't know it either. Reason of this post perhaps? Mayby Minimserver2 is not reacting correctly on certeain idtag versions and was did not a problem on the Melco because the Melco Minimserver2 was upgraded from an existing Minimserver data base?

I did a full scan yesterday: no progress. Searched whole db in album view on album name, it isn't in a unexpected other place tagged/shown
11-12-2020, 00:50
Today removed all idtags in the files, converted the flac to wav. Added idtag
ID3v2.4 (RIFF ID3v2.4) rescanned again, no music.

In folder mode the new folder was added, albumart in the new folder is shown also, but no music.

Can I pm you a Wetransfer link of the files? I am out of options.
11-12-2020, 01:16
(10-12-2020 08:54)simoncn Wrote:  It sounds like there might be some difference between the files on the Melco and the files on the Synology. How did you copy the files from the Melco to the Synology? Please post a screenshot from Synology File Station showing the folder on the Synology containing the copied files.

Files are the same, I use Tera copy and Beyond Compare source files are on my Windows Desktop computer copyed over lan.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-12-2020, 01:29
(10-12-2020 08:54)simoncn Wrote:  It sounds like there might be some difference between the files on the Melco and the files on the Synology. How did you copy the files from the Melco to the Synology? Please post a screenshot from Synology File Station showing the folder on the Synology containing the copied files.

Copied the new Wav Album on the Melco, Rescan, wav files are merged with the flac album.

Printscreen of info in Linn Kazoo running on the Melco Server

11-12-2020, 01:32
So the Synology version of Minimserver2 in causing the problem. What now?
11-12-2020, 08:00 (This post was last modified: 11-12-2020 09:22 by simoncn.)
Please post a screenshot from Synology File Station (not Windows Explorer) showing the files on the Synology (not your Windows PC) that are not being found by MinimServer.

Also, please explain exactly which files are not being found by MinimServer on the Synology. Is it everything by the artist Ane Brun or just the album 2005-Duets?
11-12-2020, 18:47
(11-12-2020 08:00)simoncn Wrote:  Please post a screenshot from Synology File Station (not Windows Explorer) showing the files on the Synology (not your Windows PC) that are not being found by MinimServer.

Also, please explain exactly which files are not being found by MinimServer on the Synology. Is it everything by the artist Ane Brun or just the album 2005-Duets?

I attached the filestation screenshot yesterday already, All other albums are found, just the album 2005-Duets not but I added 2005-Duets 16-44 wav in which wav files of the same album are added.
IdTaged as above decribed and found by my Melco Minimserver2, the Synology installed version on the DS1819+ didn't