Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hama IR200 interoperability issue
28-04-2013, 19:00 (This post was last modified: 28-04-2013 19:00 by winxi.)
RE: Hama IR200 interoperability issue
(28-04-2013 18:38)simoncn Wrote:  Please can you do the following:

1) Set all images in the test album to 160x160
2) Power off the Hama
3) Restart MinimServer
4) In the log window, set the logging level to Trace
5) Power on the Hama and browse to the contents of the test album in the minimum number of steps
6) In the log window, press 'Save as' to save the log file
7) In the log window, set the logging level back to Info
8) Zip the log file and attach it here

Many thanks for all your help with this!

Here you are Smile
Now the Hama shows the first twelve tracks of the album (of 34 in total). This is because according to step 5) I've chosen the minimum number of steps which is beginning from the top-level browsing tree: n albums -> test album. When using Artists -> test artist -> n albums -> test album, the Hama still shows only the first two items. I think that this is a strong indication towards your theory of limited resources on the device. However, the question remains why it works with the other servers.
Many thanks, I appreciate your support very much!

Attached File(s)
.zip  160x160Test.zip (Size: 8.06 KB / Downloads: 1)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2013, 21:27
RE: Hama IR200 interoperability issue
(28-04-2013 19:00)winxi Wrote:  Here you are Smile
Now the Hama shows the first twelve tracks of the album (of 34 in total). This is because according to step 5) I've chosen the minimum number of steps which is beginning from the top-level browsing tree: n albums -> test album. When using Artists -> test artist -> n albums -> test album, the Hama still shows only the first two items. I think that this is a strong indication towards your theory of limited resources on the device. However, the question remains why it works with the other servers.
Many thanks, I appreciate your support very much!

I think the "picture" is becoming clearer. This browsing path returns 49 albums with large embedded artwork images, which consumes a large chunk of the Hama's available memory. When you select the test album with small artwork, there isn't enough free memory available to load all of its tracks.

The fix will be my planned future enhancement to generate thumbnail images on the fly for all artwork. For now, you can get the same effect by using the BubbleUPnP proxy.

Many thanks for helping me understand the cause of this problem!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply