Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved: MinimWatch 2 does not reconnect
16-10-2020, 10:35 (This post was last modified: 29-10-2020 18:18 by Maarten1970.)
Exclamation Solved: MinimWatch 2 does not reconnect
update October 29th, 2020:

With great help from Simon we discovered that although I had updated MinimWatch 0.8 to MinimWatch 2 on my Windows 10 PC, the MinimWatch shortcut in 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp' apparently still referted to a left-over from MinimWatch 0.8 installation. So, after (re)start of my PC the obosolete MinimWatch 0.8 was launched in stead of MinimWatch 2. I removed all left overs and corrected the shortcut to refer to the MinimWatch 2 java files. Now everything is ok Wink Thanks, Simon!

Quote:Upgraded from MinimServer/MinimWatch versions 0.8 to versions 2

MinimWatch 2 (for Windows) seems somewhat unresponsive, i.e. when for some reason connection with MinimServer is lost it won't reconnect at all or reconnect after very, very long time (taskbar icon remains blue/grey).

This means that I have to close and restart MinimWatch 2 all the time which is a bit cumbersome.

With MinimWatch 0.8 I never had these issues, it would reconnect as soon as the connection came up again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2020, 11:47
RE: MinimWatch 2 does not reconnect
There are no changes in MinimWatch 2 that are likely to be causing this.

A problem like this is usually caused by a network issue with UPnP multicast discovery. It might help to power off all your network equipment and power it on again, as described in this section.
16-10-2020, 21:49 (This post was last modified: 20-10-2020 16:57 by Maarten1970.)
(16-10-2020 11:47)simoncn Wrote:  There are no changes in MinimWatch 2 that are likely to be causing this.

A problem like this is usually caused by a network issue with UPnP multicast discovery. It might help to power off all your network equipment and power it on again, as described in this section.

Thanks. I will try and let you know!

EDIT: Rebooting my RPi helped.

I cheered too early. Rebooted my RPi another time and icon remains grey... Have to relaunch manually. There's definitely a difference with MinimWatch 0.8, I noticed immediately after upgrading. MinimWatch 0.8 always turned green right away when MinimServer daemon became active on my RPi. Will look if I still have MinimWatch 0.8 in my backup and re-test.

Good morning! Booting my PC (running MinimWatch) MinimWatch 2 icon remains grey...(my RPi is always on, my PC not). Would not have been the case with MinimWatch 0.8, that would have turned green immediately. Have to exit and then restart MinimWatch and yes it turn green again. MinimWatch 0.8 behavior was solid as rock as opposed to MinimWatch 2 being unpredictable (sometimes it does automatically connect / reconnect, sometimes it does not).

A little bit of strange experience going from free to paid licensed service... :-)

2020-10-19 Waking my PC from sleep. MinimWatch 2 icon is grey and remains grey... Have to manually exit MinimWatch 2 and start again... Now it turns green.
2020-10-20 17:56 hrs Waking my PC from sleep. MinimWatch 2 icon is grey and remains grey... Have to manually exit MinimWatch 2 and start again... Now it turns green.
19-10-2020, 15:29 (This post was last modified: 20-10-2020 17:00 by Maarten1970.)
(16-10-2020 11:47)simoncn Wrote:  There are no changes in MinimWatch 2 that are likely to be causing this.

Simon,

No it seems not.. I clearly experience different behaviour. See my edited previous post. Seems likely there are changes in MinimWatch 2 causing the unpredictable erratic behaviour of MinimWatch 2. What to do ?

Thanks, Maarten
19-10-2020, 16:26
Please confirm whether you have powered all your network equipment off and on (including the router, switches, etc.) and not just rebooted the RPi.

If you have done this, the next step is to create ohNet debug logs for both MinimWatch and MinimServer. I will PM you with detailed instructions for doing this.
20-10-2020, 16:59 (This post was last modified: 20-10-2020 17:02 by Maarten1970.)
(19-10-2020 16:26)simoncn Wrote:  Please confirm whether you have powered all your network equipment off and on (including the router, switches, etc.) and not just rebooted the RPi.

If you have done this, the next step is to create ohNet debug logs for both MinimWatch and MinimServer. I will PM you with detailed instructions for doing this.

Have powered all my equipment off when you suggested me to do so.
So I'll await your instructions.
20-10-2020, 19:28
I have already sent you these instructions by PM.
24-10-2020, 14:05
(20-10-2020 19:28)simoncn Wrote:  I have already sent you these instructions by PM.

Thanks, I will check next week and let you know!