Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
License Error 2:9255 6942
12-09-2020, 17:45
License Error 2:9255 6942
I just logged onto my 2 QNAPs for firmware upgrade. After the first had finished, I started Minimwatch and received this message: License error 2: 9255 6942; resetting to Starter Edition.
For my second QNAP I reeived an Update information and the package was succesfully installed but after a few seconds also my 2nd Minim Instance turned red with the same message. My Controlpoint software cannot connect to any Minimserver resp. the Icon is just not shown anymore. I am very sure I bought my licV2 censes and paid back in spring 2020 so the license cannot be expired. I am now without any music so I think it is urgent. Simon pls look into it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2020, 19:17
RE: License Error 2:9255 6942
(12-09-2020 17:45)golke53 Wrote:  I just logged onto my 2 QNAPs for firmware upgrade. After the first had finished, I started Minimwatch and received this message: License error 2: 9255 6942; resetting to Starter Edition.
For my second QNAP I reeived an Update information and the package was succesfully installed but after a few seconds also my 2nd Minim Instance turned red with the same message. My Controlpoint software cannot connect to any Minimserver resp. the Icon is just not shown anymore. I am very sure I bought my licV2 censes and paid back in spring 2020 so the license cannot be expired. I am now without any music so I think it is urgent. Simon pls look into it.

Update: both instances are back alive but only in starter edition. None of my customized settings are active anymore and no replay-gain = minimstreamer
12-09-2020, 20:00
next uodate: I invoked a license activation from the Minim configuation page using the code I had received back in April when I bought the full license. It worked for both instances.Everything works again. So no hurry anymore. Just leaves me puzzled why the QNAP updates deactivated the Minim license. It should not IMHO but now that I know what to do the panic is gone.
12-09-2020, 22:01
Thank you for letting me know about this problem. What are the two models of QNAP that you have and what was the firmware update that you applied?

I am away from home at the moment without access to my QNAP devices, so I am unable to try this. When I return home, I will try applying the same firmware upgrade and post an update. When I have found the cause of the problem, I will look into finding a solution.

You did the right thing when you reactivated your full license on both machines. I am glad MinimServer is working correctly now and I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.
13-09-2020, 09:12
Good morning Simon,
take your time, no hurry. My Qnaps are
1. TS 453A with 4x 3TB and QTS4.4.3.1421
2. TS 439 Pro II+ with 4x 3TB and QTS 4.2.6 (20200821)

The 2nd is old and out of support receiving only security related updates based on 4.2.6. It works as a reltime backup system to my primary Qnap but has still the full funcionability incl. Minim.

Admittedly I only do updates to the NAS systems in maybe every 2 months or so as they work solely as music servers to my KDS. Trying to keep track with releases just for security and not for functional enhancements. Therefore it may be that the problem relates to an even earlier QTS release.
Last time I have been on the Minim configution page was in April when I upgraded to V2. I have been using Watch however frequently when loading new albums and applying a rescan. First time the problem occured was yesterday after QTS updates. I invoked Watch only because after QTS update was finished te server did not show up anymore in Kinsky/Kazoo and I wanted to check why.

Let me know if you need more info, happy to provide.
Detlev
13-09-2020, 17:58
Sorry to bother but I found a problem. In properties of the new QNAP with QTS 4.4.3 there is no entry field for conversion from flac to wav anymore. Also no entry for ffmpeg, The "System" folder in properties for the new QNAP is much reduced compared to the older QNAP. Minimstreamer 2.0.5 is shown as installed in both QNAP instances. Consequently replaygain does not work on the new server, works good on the older one.Any idea how to fix?
13-09-2020, 18:51
You need to install MinimStreamer using the Packages tab of the MinimWatch properties page. When your license reverted to Starter Edition, MinimStreamer was automatically uninstalled. Your previous MinimStreamer property settings will be restored when you do this install.
14-09-2020, 09:21 (This post was last modified: 14-09-2020 09:22 by golke53.)
(13-09-2020 18:51)simoncn Wrote:  You need to install MinimStreamer using the Packages tab of the MinimWatch properties page. When your license reverted to Starter Edition, MinimStreamer was automatically uninstalled. Your previous MinimStreamer property settings will be restored when you do this install.

The longer I look the more I find: although MinimWatch had invoked the install of 2.0.12 on my first attemp to check the status after the QNAP upgrades, the license error obviously had stopped the 2.0.12 update and left 2.0.10. installed, which then after got reset to starter edition. In the properties Minimstreamer 2.0.5 was still shown as installed package though. There was no way to reinvoke the 2.0.12 update from Minimwatch, so I performed it by downloading the Qpkg package and installing it from the QNAP interface. This worked and it also installed as a full license. I then went back to Watch and properties and now MinimStreamer was not installed anymore (or shown as...) so I did it from there and now everything is fine. All former settings in place and working.

I think this leaves us with 2 things: a.) why did the QNAP update kill the license and b.) why does properties continue to show MinimStreamer as installed after the server license was reset to "starter"

Last mention: I also had to stop/restart the server to get the properties activated after the Streamer install but I think this is as designed.

I wonder if I am the only one with this kind of problem. No other report in the forum I found... strange.

If I am the only one you may put it at the end of your to-do list since everything back ok now.
14-09-2020, 18:28
MinimWatch cannot update MinimServer to a new version such as 2.0.12. For this you need to download the QNAP package and install it. MinimWatch does inform you that the new version is available.

Any change to installed packages does not take place until MinimServer is relaunched. Resetting to Starter Edition does not relaunch MinimServer. This is why MinimStreamer still shows as installed until the next MinimServer relaunch.

I will look at the license error problem when I return home and have access to a QNAP NAS for testing.
21-09-2020, 21:41
I have tried updating the QNAP firmware on my HS-251+ to 4.4.3.1431 and I did not get this error. Did you do anything else as well as updating the firmware?