Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimwatch
12-09-2020, 16:08 (This post was last modified: 12-09-2020 16:09 by Streamer.)
Minimwatch
Minimwatch not auto starting on both my QNAP nas, have to manually
start.

The result is no Green icons appear until I apply above.

Streamer
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2020, 17:36
RE: Minimwatch
The problem with not seeing the MinimWatch green icon is likely to be a network discovery issue. To confirm that MinimServer is running (with no green icon), enter the address http://x.x.x.x:9790 in a web browser address bar, where x.x.x.x is the IP address of the NAS. If MinimServer is running, you should see the MinimServer status page.

If MinimServer is showing the status page and is working for playing music, the problem might be caused by a Java update causing problems with the firewall rules on your PC. See the MinimWatch can't find MinimServer section for details of how to fix this.

If this doesn't fix the problem, you can try powering off all network devices and powering them back on as described in this section.
13-09-2020, 13:16
(12-09-2020 17:36)simoncn Wrote:  The problem with not seeing the MinimWatch green icon is likely to be a network discovery issue. To confirm that MinimServer is running (with no green icon), enter the address http://x.x.x.x:9790 in a web browser address bar, where x.x.x.x is the IP address of the NAS. If MinimServer is running, you should see the MinimServer status page.

If MinimServer is showing the status page and is working for playing music, the problem might be caused by a Java update causing problems with the firewall rules on your PC. See the MinimWatch can't find MinimServer section for details of how to fix this.

If this doesn't fix the problem, you can try powering off all network devices and powering them back on as described in this section.

Hi Simon,

Tried all suggestions no success, if I install Minimwatch only works at first startup.

Minimserver status is running on all control points.

Streamer
13-09-2020, 16:28
Are you saying that MinimWatch can find MinimServer when you first install and start MinimWatch but cannot find it later? What happens if you install MinimWatch, then select Exit, then relaunch MinimWatch from the desktop icon?
13-09-2020, 17:07
(13-09-2020 16:28)simoncn Wrote:  Are you saying that MinimWatch can find MinimServer when you first install and start MinimWatch but cannot find it later? What happens if you install MinimWatch, then select Exit, then relaunch MinimWatch from the desktop icon?

Relaunching from desktop icon finds Minimserver, same result if pc is turned off.

I tried MinimWatch 2 same result, only works with desktop icon.

Streamer
13-09-2020, 17:24
If MinimWatch is finding MinimServer when MinimWatch is launched, when does MinimWatch not find MinimServer?

If MinimServer does not show in MinimWatch when MinimWatch is already running and the NAS is restarted, this is likely to be a multicast discovery problem with your network. If your router has a setting for disabling IGMP snooping, this might fix the problem.

Have you made any changes to your network recently such as changing your router or adding a switch?

Have you tried powering your Windows PC off and on?
14-09-2020, 10:02
(13-09-2020 17:24)simoncn Wrote:  If MinimWatch is finding MinimServer when MinimWatch is launched, when does MinimWatch not find MinimServer?

If MinimServer does not show in MinimWatch when MinimWatch is already running and the NAS is restarted, this is likely to be a multicast discovery problem with your network. If your router has a setting for disabling IGMP snooping, this might fix the problem.

Have you made any changes to your network recently such as changing your router or adding a switch?

Have you tried powering your Windows PC off and on?

Hi Simon,

I have two QNAP nases TS-219P v 4.3.3.1386 TS-453Pro v4.4.3.1421
latest update, this problem is common to both.

Computer Windows 10Pro version 20H2 latest update.

Streamer
14-09-2020, 11:14
Please explain exactly what does not work. See my previous post for some suggestions.
14-09-2020, 11:42
(14-09-2020 11:14)simoncn Wrote:  Please explain exactly what does not work. See my previous post for some suggestions.

Hi Simon,

Minimstreamer does not start auto at startup, have to double click MiniimWatch, if I turn off computer have to repeat process.

Minimserver appears on all control points.

I have tried everything you suggested with no success.

Streamer
14-09-2020, 18:46
Thank you for this explanation. My apologies for not understanding what problem you are having.

To make MinimWatch start automatically when you login to Windows, you can copy the shortcut for MinimWatch (MinimWatch.lnk) from this folder:

C:\Program Files\MinimWatch

to this folder:

C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup