Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cosmetic: browsing items withouth count?
22-04-2013, 12:05
Cosmetic: browsing items withouth count?
Hi,

a litte questions/sugestion. Big Grin

I see items like "xxx albums" or "yyy playlists". Since some control points already provide the count themselves, it would be nicer get only the gneric info "Albums" or "Playlists". Is this already customizable?

Thanks in advance
Diddle.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2013, 12:39
RE: Cosmetic: browsing items withouth count?
(22-04-2013 12:05)diddle Wrote:  Hi,

a litte questions/sugestion. Big Grin

I see items like "xxx albums" or "yyy playlists". Since some control points already provide the count themselves, it would be nicer get only the gneric info "Albums" or "Playlists". Is this already customizable?

Thanks in advance
Diddle.

This isn't customizable at the moment.

These selections don't work in the same way as other index selections, and the presence of the number is a way of alerting the user that they are different. (The difference is that they show unindexed flat lists when selected.) If the number could be removed by customization, it would need to be replaced by some other visual indication of the special nature of these entries. Perhaps a leading '+' sign (as used in many UIs to denote an expandable list) would be suitable.
22-04-2013, 12:44
(22-04-2013 12:39)simoncn Wrote:  The difference is that they show unindexed flat lists when selected.

Hmm, I'm wondering why a user would like to know that detail?

Best regards
Diddle.
22-04-2013, 13:26
(22-04-2013 12:44)diddle Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 12:39)simoncn Wrote:  The difference is that they show unindexed flat lists when selected.

Hmm, I'm wondering why a user would like to know that detail?

Best regards
Diddle.

You can see the differences if you add Album and Title to indexTags. Both views are useful, but they work differently and they are useful for different purposes. For example, you can use the Title index to get the complete album from any track, but you can't do this with the 'n items' view. Also, there are big differences in how the entries are presented in the lists.

Another difference is how entries in the lists are customized. For 'n albums' and 'n items', they are customized using displayFormat, but for index entries they are customized using indexFormat.
22-04-2013, 17:48
I think the way this is handled now makes a lot of sense.

bbrip
23-04-2013, 06:17
OK, I see.
Looks like I need to look much closer at MinimServer's features concerning tag view vs. index view. The idea to optionally precede the entries with '+' sounds also good to me, BTW.[/align]

Thanks
Diddle.