Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimWatch icon is grey
23-08-2020, 09:35
MinimWatch icon is grey
Hi

while it was working perfectly, now my minimwatch Icon on my macbook is constantly grey.

However, minimServer is working perfectly on my Synology.

Here is a crash log file.

Thx

Attached File(s)
.log  minimserver-crash-20200823-102928.log (Size: 9.63 KB / Downloads: 4)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2020, 12:44 (This post was last modified: 23-08-2020 12:45 by simoncn.)
RE: MinimWatch icon is grey
The problem shown by this log will be fixed in the next MinimServer update. It can happen when you load a page from the MinimServer web UI and is not related to the grey icon. For suggestions about what could cause the grey icon, see this page.
23-08-2020, 12:56
Thx Simon !
25-08-2020, 07:08
Just a question: as the icon is grey, the only way for me to know when the update is ready is to log in my synology, right ?
25-08-2020, 08:22
The update will not solve the grey icon problem. It will stop the crash log file from being produced.

To solve the grey icon problem, you need to check the various possible causes on the page that I referenced in my previous post.

When the update is available, it can be installed using MinimWatch (not possible until you solve the grey icon problem) or by stopping and relaunching MinimServer on the Synology.

The update will be announced on the MinimServer 2 release notes page when it is available. I will also post an announcement on this thread.
30-08-2020, 16:47 (This post was last modified: 30-08-2020 16:47 by lyapounov.)
I did everything on the halp page. No change.

I then spent a few days outside of my home. And when coming back, the icon was no longer grey.

I have this weird feeling that UpNp is not a well designed, or well implemented protocol...
30-08-2020, 21:26
For "random" issues like this, a complete power off and power on of all your network equipment often solves the problem. Did you try this?

For the UPnP protocol to work reliably, all the components in the chain of communication need to implement it correctly. When there is a problem, it is unfortunately often difficult to identify the component that is causing this.