Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Booklets not always opening straight into a PDF reader
23-08-2020, 09:24 (This post was last modified: 23-08-2020 09:45 by Uoppi.)
Booklets not always opening straight into a PDF reader
I have configured digital booklets using Comment.displayFormat={$*infoFileURI^<a href="^">Digital booklet</a>$comment}

Most of the time this works perfectly and the booklet opens straight into Drive PDF Viewer.

However, after extensive testing, it appears (in BubbleUPnP Android) that whenever there is a "." (dot character) in any of the folder names in the album's folder path (stored on my QNAP NAS running MinimServer), the booklet is downloaded via launching the web browser instead (annoying).

I suppose this must be a BubbleUPnP (or maybe Android?) bug and not related to MinimServer per se?

I could remove all dots from the folder names, if that's needed, but obviously that's not ideal.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2020, 12:40
RE: Booklets not always opening straight into a PDF reader
MinimServer creates a URL from the file path. A period in a folder name (path segment) is valid in a URL. The launch or download process is controlled by BubbleUPnP or Android (I'm not sure which). I suggest you contact the author of BubbleUPnP to see if he has any suggestions.
28-08-2020, 15:18 (This post was last modified: 28-08-2020 15:20 by bubbleguuum.)
(23-08-2020 12:40)simoncn Wrote:  MinimServer creates a URL from the file path. A period in a folder name (path segment) is valid in a URL. The launch or download process is controlled by BubbleUPnP or Android (I'm not sure which). I suggest you contact the author of BubbleUPnP to see if he has any suggestions.

After investigation it has been found that most apps handling PDF via Intent for opening do match the Intent on file extension and this breaks if there is more that one dot in the URL.
This is caused by a limitation of regexp matching in Manifests, that can be tediously worked around (except most app don't).
Since the problem is in the Manifest of these apps and fixing these Manifests is not possible, a solution could be that MinimServer ensures that there is only one dot for the file extension, or that BubbleUPnP proxies the stream with a suitable URL.

-
28-08-2020, 17:11
Thanks for looking into this. It is possible to do this in MinimServer by treating these URLs differently from all other URLs produced by MinimServer (ugly but probably the least worst solution overall). The change will be in a future version of MinimServer 2.