Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to display names (composer etc.) alphabetically in album list?
22-08-2020, 15:17
RE: How to display names (composer etc.) alphabetically in album list?
When you said that doing it manually "means HUGE amount of work" I assumed you meant that it wouldn't be feasible to do it manually, hence the M-TAGS suggestion, otherwise I would have suggested another foobar component called SQLite (foo_sqlite).
(foo_)SQLite is primarily a reporting and playlist generation tool that allows you to interrogate the internal foobar SQLite database, therefore it can't update the tags, but it could have helped you along the way (giving you the text to paste).

If all you were trying to do was to sort the album artist field you could have run:
Code:
select album,
       strsortgroup([album artist], '; ')
  from Playlist
  where playlist_name = 'Default'
  group by album

Or, if you'd wanted to collect all the composer tags for a given album, deduped and sorted them you could have run:
Code:
select album,
       strsortgroup( group_concat(composer, '; '), '; ')
  from (
    select distinct album,
           composer
      from Playlist
      where playlist_name = 'Default'
  )
  group by album

Obviously replace album in the above examples with whatever you use to uniquely identify an album e.g. 'Greatest Hits' would not be unique across all my albums.

NOTE: Composer and Composersort aren't defined within the SQLite setup by default and need to be added via 'Preferences > Media Library > SQLite viewer > Playlist table' < Add, Type:Tag, Name:composer, Collation:NaturalNoCase, Split multivalue tag (Yes) >

I suppose it could still be useful for checking your work :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to display names (composer etc.) alphabetically in album list? - simbun - 22-08-2020 15:17