Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can not enable multiple music folder
17-08-2020, 04:09
Can not enable multiple music folder
Hello,

I'm currently using my Synology NAS 918+ as my Minimserver, which is upgraded to v2.0 now.

At first usage, I specify one folder, under which each album is stored in one folder. That which works fine for me

The screen shot of the minimserver on Synology is in the first attachment.

As I did not know how to specy another folder which also have multiple music folder on Minimserver on Synology. I browsed the user guide and follow the instruction to install the Minimwatch on my Dell laptop.

After install the minimwatch on my PC, I can specify two music folders, like shown on attachment 2. However, that software's name is still mimimserver, not minimwatch.

After specify the two folders on "minimwatch", I update the status on Minimserver on Synology, but I can only see one folder displayed.

I use mConnect to browse the libraries, but can only find the first folder not the second one.

Please help,

Peter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2020, 07:47
RE: Can not enable multiple music folder
The second screenshot shows the configuration for MinimServer[Peter-GUO-XPS15]. You need to use MinimWatch to update the configuration for MinimServer[DISKSTATION]. If you are not seeing an icon for MinimServer[DISKSTATION] when you run MinimWatch, there might be a problem with your firewall settings. See this page for more information and some suggestions.
17-08-2020, 09:11
RE: Can not enable multiple music folder
(17-08-2020 07:47)simoncn Wrote:  The second screenshot shows the configuration for MinimServer[Peter-GUO-XPS15]. You need to use MinimWatch to update the configuration for MinimServer[DISKSTATION]. If you are not seeing an icon for MinimServer[DISKSTATION] when you run MinimWatch, there might be a problem with your firewall settings. See this page for more information and some suggestions.

Thank you for your reply!

After reading your email, I realized that I installed the wrong EXE file and create another minimserver on my laptop which did not help to manage my music files on NAS.

After downloading the correct minimwatch EXE and did some finetune on the subnet, it works fine for me now.