Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Listing multidisc albums with different composers
15-08-2020, 10:02
RE: Listing multidisc albums with different composers
(15-08-2020 08:03)simoncn Wrote:  The solution for you is either to use some other separator character when tagging multiple composer names as the ALBUMARTIST value or to use a different tagging program that doesn't treat a semicolon specially when used in a tag value.

I'm not aware how to change the multi-value separator, but if you don't want a field to be split automatically (and therefore accept semicolon as text) you just need to modify the field list under:
Preferences -> Advanced -> Display -> Properties dialog : Multivalue fields

By default it's 'ARTIST;ALBUM ARTIST;COMPOSER;PRODUCER;PERFORMER;GENRE'

Obviously if your tags have already been split this won't fix them, so you'd need to run something like a Masstagger action against them:
'Format value from other fields', ALBUM ARTIST, $meta_sep(ALBUM ARTIST,'; ')
Which will replace multiple fields of ALBUM ARTIST with a single field separated by '; ' in this example.

Obviously test on a sample.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2020, 12:00
Thanks so much for your responses guys! I did as simbun suggested above and the issue appears solved.

One more thing: how exactly does using [disc 01...] in the album name field differ from using a separate DISCSUBTITLE tag? What would be an ideal use case for each? I thought they would function pretty much interchangeably. If I understand correctly, at the very least they shouldn't both be used together concurrently.
15-08-2020, 13:14 (This post was last modified: 15-08-2020 13:20 by simoncn.)
To use a DISCSUBTITLE tag, you must also have either a DISCNUMBER tag or [disc n] in the ALBUM tag.

As an alternative to using a DISCSUBTITLE tag, you can put both the disc number and disc subtitle in the [disc n...] suffix of the ALBUM tag.

The standard method is to use both DISCNUMBER and DISCSUBTITLE. Putting this information into the ALBUM tag is specific to MinimServer.