Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Feature request] multiple instance or multiple profiles at once
02-08-2020, 12:37 (This post was last modified: 02-08-2020 12:37 by whinette.)
[Feature request] multiple instance or multiple profiles at once
Hello Simon,

First, congratulation on the release of minimserver 2. I hope it will provide you more support than the donations did in the past.

The removal of the tagCustom made me afraid -but after some intensive testing it looks like I did need them at all after all- minimserver2 reacts as it should (multiple artist tag are splitted correctly, AlbumArtist is renamed as Artist).

I miss a feature for some years now, and seeing that it is now a paid product I hope you will be able to invest some time in it.
Namely, being able to present multiple libraries or have multiple instances to run on the same host.

I would prefer the first one, it would be easier to manage.
Being able to start multiples profiles to exposes multiples librairies - with differents settings for each of them

Also, I hope my feature request on alphagrouping for non roman character will happens down the line (without it being linked to the translation of the interface) Smile Should I recreate a thread?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2020, 19:57
RE: [Feature request] multiple instance or multiple profiles at once
What platform are you using to run MinimServer? You can run multiple instances of MinimServer on Linux and also in Docker containers on QNAP and Synology. I would like to go further and support mutiple profiles running at the same time but this will not happen in the near future.

I have your previous request on my list of requested features. Starting a new thread will not make it happen any sooner.
03-08-2020, 12:00
The server run on Windows.
Thank you.
03-08-2020, 12:18 (This post was last modified: 03-08-2020 12:23 by simoncn.)
On Windows, you can create an additional Windows user and install and run a separate instance of MinimServer under that username. When I have done this, I have created the other user without administrative privileges so that the installation location of the MinimServer files doesn't conflict. To manage the second instance without needing to login as that user, you can install and run MinimWatch under your primary username.