Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Minimserver2
30-07-2020, 13:42
New to Minimserver2
Minimserver has previously been installed forme. That option is no longer available, so I'm trying to do it my self. I'm stumbling at the first hurdle. Can someone advise please? I see this on my initial email
To activate your license, open the MinimServer 2 configuration page and click the "License" and "Activate full license" tabs. To open this page, type http://x.x.x.x:9790 into the address bar of a web browser, where x.x.x.x is the IP address of the device running MinimServer 2.
You can also open this page by selecting Configure from the MinimWatch pop-up menu.

I have 2 problems; 1. I cannot find the Minimserver 2 configuration page and 2. I cannot access it as suggested via Minimwatch as this has stopped working on my PC!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2020, 14:53 (This post was last modified: 30-07-2020 14:53 by simoncn.)
RE: New to Minimserver2
What device are you using to run MinimServer 2? Do you know the IP address of this device?
30-07-2020, 15:44
(30-07-2020 14:53)simoncn Wrote:  What device are you using to run MinimServer 2? Do you know the IP address of this device?

It is running on a Melco and I do know the address.
30-07-2020, 21:57 (This post was last modified: 30-07-2020 22:05 by simoncn.)
On the Melco front panel, select Settings, then Music Database, then Configure MinimServer. Type exactly what you see there into the address bar of a web browser. On my Melco, it shows http://192.168.0.33:9790. Your Melco will show something similar but not exactly the same.

When you have activated the license, please post back here describing what is happening when you try to use MinimWatch. It is important to get this working as you will need MinimWatch to configure the additional MinimServer properties that are available with a full license.