• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Minim Server 2] config questions
26-07-2020, 12:51
[Minim Server 2] config questions
Hello,

My target setup is the following:
Media Server: Synology DS920+
Media Remote: Iphone with Muzo application. Link
Media Renderer: FX-Audio D802 / WiFi DLNA Bluetooth 5.0 Multiroom Amplifier. Link

Most of the time, i stream Internet Radio from my Syno and rest of the time access my music library where there are a lot of FLAC, ALAC and DSD music files.

I have been successful in configuration all of this to work however i still have questions, as some configuration options looks unclear to me:

- are the Media Server and Audio station packages from Synology necessary when using Internet Radio on top of music library.

- If this is not the case, how can i configure internet radio source ? it looks to me that only option to configure internet radios are through Audio station Radio list
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2020, 16:31
RE: [Minim Server 2] config questions
Audio Station can play internet radio to a UPnP renderer without the need to install and run Synology Media Server.

You can configure MinimServer 2 (with MinimStreamer 2) to play internet radio stations. This requires editing .m3u playlist files to add stream URLs, which is not as convenient as selecting a station from the SHOUTcast list in Audio Station but might provide access to more stations or higher-quality streams.

For information about how to configure MinimStreamer to play internet radio stations, see this section. There are detailed instructions for configuring the BBC radio streams on this page. If you decide to use MinimStreamer to play radio streams, you would not need to run Audio Station or Synology Media Server.
26-07-2020, 20:57
Thank you for the clarification.

Quite relunctant to use shoutcast search / list, and prefer to setup my favorites Radios on playlist files.
If a got it well?
- .m3u playlist(s) file(s) using the special format depending on passthru or minimstreamer to transcode will be placed on a folder "Radio" of the selected content directory ?
- Transcoding options, input type filters on a profile of the minim server ?
26-07-2020, 21:35
Your summary is correct. If you don't mind finding and entering URLs manually, this approach works well.

You can place the .m3u files anywhere under the content directory. They will appear in the index under "n playlists" and also under [folder view] in the folder location where you have placed them.
26-07-2020, 22:19
Many thanks, that's all clear to me !

last question: i have deployed ffmpeg add-on package on syno and it's directory+ffmpeg library is landing here : /volume1/@appstore/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg. this is the path i have setup for the stream converter, is that correct as well ? I have seen other syntax like stream.converter = ffmpeg.

how can we see, for debugging purposes if ffmpeg is indeed transcoding a file ?
27-07-2020, 10:47
The recommended location for the ffmpeg executable is /share/MinimServer/opt/bin/ffmpeg. If you place it there, MinimStreamer will find it automatically. If you place it somewhere else, you need to configure the path manually using the stream.converter property. MinimStreamer will check the path you have configured by making a test invocation of ffmpeg.

To be sure that ffmpeg is being called, you can set the MinimServer logging level to Debug before playing a file. The MinimServer log window will show the ffmpeg command as well as a lot of other debugging information.
27-07-2020, 19:32 (This post was last modified: 27-07-2020 20:00 by kipik.)
Quote:Thank you ! i was able to place an ffmpeg version to the path you indicated and have just noticed that minim streamer is not installed yet..

However , i have deployed Java x64 + minimwatch to deploy package on my Windows 10 PC but icon remains grey.

- deactivated Windows firewall + NAS firewall on a temporary basis to eliminate traffic issues
- minimserver web is fully reachable on http://[mynas]:9790/

Any idea ? i have attached log

disregard, i have installed minimwatch 0.8 instead of minimwatch 2. all good !

Attached File(s)
.txt  log.txt (Size: 62.65 KB / Downloads: 2)