Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corrupted database?
20-07-2020, 15:59
Corrupted database?
Hi Simon, You’ve helped me before. I have a question, which if I was smart would be simple. I have a couple Linn systems in different locations with separate Synology Nases and am using Minimserver. My main system is a Linn Katalyst Klimax system. This morning, I was searching for a couple of Vivaldi albums, which were difficult to find. When I found them and tried to play them one played Ed Sheeran, the other Phil Collins, not an exact match Sad. There are about 2000 albums which aren’t redundant on this NAS. I have most of the library backed up on 2 different Nases. How much trouble am I in and what do I do?
Thanks so much,
Yurkot
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2020, 17:13
RE: Corrupted database?
If the album artwork is not matching the album contents, it sounds like this problem with Kazoo.
20-07-2020, 18:02
Hi Simon, I’m still using Linn Kinsky. I don’t know if it’s an artwork mismatch I searched for Vivaldi’s Four seasons Kinsky found it but loaded Ed Sheeran. Is that the kind of error rescanning or rebuilding the data base can help? And if so how do I do that?
Thanks so much
20-07-2020, 18:09 (This post was last modified: 20-07-2020 18:09 by simoncn.)
You could try a full MinimServer rescan. In the Properties dialog, set startupScan to full and then do a rescan in the usual way. This will completely rebuild the MinimServer cache. After doing this, set startupScan back to true so that future rescans don't take so long.