Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add silence to start of Album playback
20-07-2020, 16:00
RE: Add silence to start of Album playback
Thanks all, more interesting options for me to ponder and play with. Unfortunately didn't get much time this weekend to do very much - I did create a silent track, queued it up, queued up the album behind it, then hit Play, but it still truncated the first album track. I suspect I did something wrong though, so may have another shot before moving to plan B (creating a silent track 0 on an album). Hope I find time soon to do this, it's really annoying!

(19-07-2020 09:18)Donuk Wrote:  Actually instead of having a few seconds silence at the beginning of each CD, why not have a file of tick, tick, tick recorded from vinyl run-in grooves. That would make one's system sound a whole lot more vinyl.

Love that idea, tempted, very tempted......
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2020, 19:02
RE: Add silence to start of Album playback
(20-07-2020 16:00)enjdee Wrote:  Thanks all, more interesting options for me to ponder and play with. Unfortunately didn't get much time this weekend to do very much - I did create a silent track, queued it up, queued up the album behind it, then hit Play, but it still truncated the first album track. I suspect I did something wrong though, so may have another shot before moving to plan B (creating a silent track 0 on an album). Hope I find time soon to do this, it's really annoying!

(19-07-2020 09:18)Donuk Wrote:  Actually instead of having a few seconds silence at the beginning of each CD, why not have a file of tick, tick, tick recorded from vinyl run-in grooves. That would make one's system sound a whole lot more vinyl.

Love that idea, tempted, very tempted......

I hope I am stating the obvious, but just in case, the silent/hiss track must match the following tracks' sample rate and bit depth.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply